London mosque attack – 'Racist thug' calls Muslim worshippers 'terrorists' in hammer attack hours after New Zealand shooting

DISTURBING footage shows cowardly thugs armed with hammers fleeing after they attacked a worshipper near a mosque in East London today.

The shocking assault took place hours after dozens of people were killed at two mosques in New Zealand by at least white supremacist.

In the clip, two men, aged in their 20s, are seen holding weapons while attempting to jump inside a moving car on Cannon Street Road in Whitechapel.

One of the cowards jumps onto the bonnet of the vehicle while his mate manages to climb into the back seat as people chase after them.

A spokesperson for the Met Police confirmed that an Asian man, 27, sustained head injuries after being attacked with a hammer or another “blunt object.”

Eyewitnesses said the thugs called worshippers who were attending Friday prayers at a nearby mosque “terrorists”, reports The Independent.


According to reports, the men shouted the Islamaphobic abuse from a car before getting out of the vehicle and carrying out the attack when they were chased by disgusted locals.

The Met Police, who were called to the scene at 1.18pm today, said: “It was reported that three males got out of a blue Ford Fiesta and attacked another man with a weapon – believed to be a hammer or other blunt object.

“The suspects returned to their car and left the scene before police arrived.

“Enquiries are ongoing to trace this vehicle. The suspects are all described as white men, believed to be aged in their 20s.”

The Met Police spokesperson said the victim was “abusive” towards hospital staff and left without being treated.

They said: “The London Ambulance Service were called, but the 27-year-old victim was driven directly to an east London hospital by friends.

“At hospital, it was established that the victim had sustained a head injury, which was not believed to be serious.

“However, he was abusive towards hospital staff, and left the hospital without being treated.”

Authorities are still investigating the incident. No arrests have been made.

This comes as security at mosques across Britain was stepped up as experts warned a New Zealand-style massacre could happen here.


Police increased patrols at mosques and offered safety advice over fears of a copycat attack in the UK by neo-Nazis.

New Zealand shooter Brenton Tarrant named Darren Osborne, the Right-wing fanatic who drove into a crowd of Muslim worshipers outside a mosque in Finsbury Park, North London, in June 2017, as one of his inspirations.

Floral tributes to the Christchurch victims were yesterday laid outside the mosque, where Osborne killed father-of-six Makram Ali, 51.

Osborne, 49, of Cardiff, was jailed for life with a minimum recommendation of 43 years in February last year.

A vigil was last night due to be held for the New Zealand victims at the mosque where Osborne struck.

Mohammed Khozbar, General Secretary of Finsbury Park Mosque, described the Christchurch attack as “deeply shocking.”

He added: “It is beyond imagination what has happened, innocent people being massacred in that way on their way to pray.”

Mr Khozbar, 52, said he believed shooter Tarrant was trying to encourage other fanatics, adding: “He wanted to tell the Muslim community that you are not safe anymore and to be careful.

"It is shocking that the killer admired Darren Osborne who attacked here at Finsbury Park mosque.

"This man wanted to send a message, he put the footage live on Facebook, which in my opinion he wants to ask people to duplicate what he did.”


Source: Read Full Article