Texas tap water safe to drink again after deadly brain-eating parasite found in supply

Families in Texas have been told their tap water is safe to drink again after a brain-eating microbe was found in the water supply.

Officials in Lake Jackson said on Tuesday night that they are now satisfied the water is safe for residents to drink after around 27,000 were told not to take it fresh out of the tap.

Households were instructed to boil water before drinking it and take care not to get any up their noses last month after a deadly parasite called naegleria fowleri was detected in the local water system.

Source: Read Full Article