Ensure appliances are properly installed and maintained to prevent electrocution: experts

SINGAPORE – Electrical fittings, especially in bathrooms, should be properly installed and maintained, experts and residents told The Sunday Times, following an incident where an elderly couple and their son died of suspected electrocution in their flat in Lakeside last week.

The 80-year-old man reportedly fell in the shower on Thursday in his home at Block 120 Ho Ching Road. He and his wife, 66, were believed to have been electrocuted when she rushed in to assist him.

Please subscribe or log in to continue reading the full article.

Get unlimited access to all stories at $0.99/month

  • Latest headlines and exclusive stories
  • In-depth analyses and award-winning multimedia content
  • Get access to all with our no-contract promotional package at only $0.99/month for the first 3 months*

*Terms and conditions apply.

Source: Read Full Article