Aussie hosts burst into laughter as they brutally mock Meghan and Harry’s Time100 cover

Prince Harry and Meghan mocked for Time magazine cover

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s first magazine cover shoot has been mocked by royal fans and Australian breakfast hosts, as a royal commentator noted that the Duke of Sussex appears to look “like a hairdresser” in the picture. Taken at their home in Montecito, Prince Harry is seen standing behind Meghan as if to admire her “luscious locks”. The couple have been named as two of the world’s most influential people by TIME magazine. 

Royal commentator Natalie Oliveri told the Today Show: “Look, a lot has been made about this cover of Harry and Meghan, the one where the Duchess is wearing white.

“Some people are comparing that photograph to Harry looking like a hairdresser, looking at his work with Meghan’s luscious locks but interestingly, they’re actually dressed in what many people are dubbing like a power couple of the ultra-wealthy.

“Meghan’s wearing an outfit from The Row, which is actually a label that was created by the Olsen twins, Mary-Kate and Ashley, and it is their first joint magazine cover on Time magazine.”

Co-host David Campbell mocked the hairdresser stance, saying: “Okay so what we’re going to do is just put some highlights to the back here, and I think if we push it forward, it really does bring out your eyes, and you’re good to go, you’re good to bring down the monarchy.”

The editor in chief and CEO of Time, Edward Felsenthal, wrote in his letters to readers that Meghan and Harry had been chosen because they had  “catalysed essential conversations on topics from mental health to misinformation”.

Meghan and Harry are one of seven covers, with three special photographs released by photographer Pari Dukovic. 

The couple’s friend, Chef Jose Andres, who funded the World Kitchen charity that partners with the Archewell Foundation, wrote a tribute to say that it would have been easier for the couple to stay silent. 

He said: “In a world where everyone has an opinion about people they don’t know, the duke and duchess have compassion for the people they don’t know.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepped down from the Royal Family in January 2020. 

After completing their final official engagements in March, they relocated to California, and have settled in Montecito with their two children. 

Last year, they launched their Archewell Foundation, which aims at tackling issues around mental health, gender equality, and climate change. 

In December 2020, they partnered with the World Central Kitchen and agreed to fund four community relief centres in impoverished locations around the world. 

They have also partnered with justice organization Color of Change, the UK-based mental health charity Mind, and the Genesis Women’s Shelter in Dallas. 

DON’T MISS

Prince Charles suffers another blow as third charity boss steps down in days [LATEST]
Queen heartbreak: Royal experts claim ‘PR disaster’ looms over Prince Philip’s documentary [INSIGHT]
Hardest-working royal exposed – Princess Anne tops table but who was second? FULL LIST [REVEAL]

For her birthday on August 4, Meghan Markle launched her new initiative 40×40, which is aimed at helping unemployed women remobilise for the workforce. 

She stated that women had been “shouldering the brunt” of the Covid-19 pandemic, and asked 40 friends, activists, and celebrities to contribute 40 minutes of their time to mentoring a woman. 

Influential figures such as Hillary Clinton, Adele, Princess Eugenie and Stella McCartney were revealed to be participating. 

The couple have also recently partnered with Women for Afghan Women, which helped with the evacuation of thousands of women and children during the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan. 

Source: Read Full Article