‘Big party!’ Prince William discusses what he would do if he was in charge of Christmas

Prince William 'modeling himself' on the Queen says experts

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Prince William, 39, revealed how he would lead festive celebrations on December 25 when he took questions from some young patients at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust. The Royal Marsden, which is just 16 miles from Kensington Palace, is said to be the world’s first hospital dedicated to cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and education.

The Duke of Cambridge has been President of the Royal Marden for 14 years, taking on the position previously held by his mother Princess Diana.

Sonya, 12, asked Prince William how he would lead festive celebrations with the world if he was in charge of Christmas.

He replied: “Well Sonya, you’ve pretty much stumped me, that is a very good question and one I’m not quite sure how to answer.”

William continued: “I think I’d have to make sure everyone could enjoy it.”

JUST IN: Kate and William hail Emma Raducanu’s ‘truly incredible year’ after BBC SPOTY triumph

The father-of-three added: “So, we’d have to bring everyone together and have a big party and there would be no Covid and there would certainly be no cancer in the world if I was in charge of Christmas for the day.”

Festive gifts between members of the Royal Family, who are set to exchange presents at Sandringham on Christmas Eve, are much talked about for their unusually comedic tendencies.

However, Prince William told Reid, just three, there was one thing top of his Christmas wish list.

He said: “But if I had to choose, I’d want my favourite football team Aston Villa to win their match on Boxing Day.”

Aston Villa, who currently sit in 10th place in the Premier League under the stewardship of 41-year-old Liverpool legend Stephen Gerrard, take on reigning Champions League holders Chelsea in their Christmas clash.

But the Duke’s interview comes after Prime Minister Boris Johnson, 57, and England’s chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty, 55, are weighing up whether to ask Brits to limit social contact further over the festive period.

Following the comments made at the Downing Street press conference, the Queen, 95, is reported to be considering altering her Christmas plans.

The monarch has already opted to cancel a festive bash at Windsor Castle with her extended family due to concerns about Covid cases.

DON’T MISS:
Royal Family LIVE: Harry and Meghan ‘failing’ in US [LIVE]
‘No conscience’ Meghan and Harry fans round on Prince William [REVEALED]
Gyles Brandreth exposed Prince Philip’s thoughts on Meghan and Harry [SPOTLIGHT]

The UK recorded 82,886 new daily COVID-19 cases on Sunday, which is the third day in a row the number of infections exceeded 80,000.

However, it is believed Her Majesty still insists on hosting her immediate family at her Norfolk estate Sandringham.

A palace insider said: “The pre-Christmas family lunch will not be going ahead.

“The decision is a precautionary one as it is felt to put too many people’s Christmas arrangements at risk if it went ahead.

“While there is regret that it is cancelled, there is a belief it is the right thing to do for all concerned.”

Source: Read Full Article