We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Yvonne Midgley, 48, and her two sons, aged 18 and 11, have nothing after the blaze tore through their property. An electric fan heater malfunctioned and caught alight on Tuesday December 14 and, though Yvonne, the children and their dog escaped without injury, the whole house was scorched.
Christmas presents were among the items ruined in the inferno in Salford, Greater Manchester.
The family didn’t have home insurance.
“I don’t have a clue what we’re going to do,” Yvonne told Manchester Evening News today.
“They’ve lost everything, even their high school uniform.
“All we have now is what we had on our backs.
“I have my moments; I’ll be positive one minute and the next minute I can’t speak.”
Yvonne started using an electric fan heater, which was placed on her staircase landing, after her gas supply was switched off.
The situation arose following gas leaks in the area which left the family without heating for two weeks.
The mum continued: “I’ve got 101 things going through my head at the moment.
“My eldest is handling it in his own head, but I know if it’s bothering him, he will come and talk to me.
“My youngest is too young to comprehend it all.
“My home is uninhabitable.
“The smoke damage is far too much, there’s water damage, there’s everything. Everything went.”
Yvonne and her boys are currently staying with her parents but she admits she has “no clue” what to do now.
A fundraiser has been set up to help Yvonne and her family rebuild their lives.
But devastated Yvonne added: “The future is worrying. It’s really worrying.
“I tried to speak to a doctor because I thought I was going crazy at one point.
“I’m not sure what’s going to happen in the next few days.”
To donate to the fundraiser, follow the link by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article