Meghan Markle and Harry may 'pop up again' claims Myers
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Former US President Mr Trump expressed his opinion on the two-hour-long interview of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with Oprah, his ex-advisor Jason Miller has reported. Taking part in an episode of Steve Bannon’s podcast War Room, Mr Miller claimed the 45th US President and property tycoon had shared with him his views of Meghan.
Communications strategist Mr Miller said during Mr Bannon’s podcast the former president had told him he could “make a little news” by reporting his thoughts about the Oprah interview with Meghan and Prince Harry.
Mr Miller claimed: “When I was talking to the president this morning… he’s like, ‘Yeah, she’s no good.
“‘I said that and now everybody’s seeing it.'”
Mr Miller was the chief spokesman for the Donald Trump 2016 presidential campaign and Mr Trump’s transition into office.
In 2020, he became senior adviser to the Trump 2020 re-election campaign.
The political advisor went on relaying the former president, who famously took part in the reality show The Apprentice, allegedly said criticising the Duchess of Sussex can be risky.
Mr Miller claimed Mr Trump had told him: “‘But you realise if you say anything negative about Meghan Markle you get cancelled. Look at Piers’.”
Former ITV host Mr Morgan left his post at Good Morning Britain after saying on air last Monday he “did not believe a word” Meghan had told Oprah during her landmark interview.
JUST IN: Prince Philip health update: Duke looks set to mark sad milestone
Among the confessions made to the US journalist, Meghan said she experienced suicidal thoughts while pregnant with Archie and had sought the help of the palace.
However, the Duchess of Sussex claimed, she was not provided with support.
On Tuesday, the host doubled down on Twitter, saying: “On Monday, I said I didn’t believe Meghan Markle in her Oprah interview.
“I’ve had time to reflect on this opinion, and I still don’t.”
Mr Morgan was hit by severe backlash following his comments, with Ofcom receiving more than 41,000 complaints – including one believed to be from the Duchess of Sussex herself.
Mr Trump, who has been interviewed by Mr Morgan in the past, had already voiced his views on Meghan during his presidential mandate.
In 2019, the US President was told by an interviewer of remarks made by Meghan about him dating back to 2016, when she called him “divisive” and a “misogynist”.
Mr Trump replied: “I didn’t know that. What can I say? I didn’t know that she was nasty.
However, he went on to say that he was glad she had joined the Royal Family and he believed she would make a “very good” princess.
He added: “It is nice, and I am sure she will do excellently.”
Mr Trump later denied calling the Duchess of Sussex “nasty” – despite his comment being recorded.
He wrote on Twitter: “I never called Meghan Markle ‘nasty’.”
He added: “Made up by the Fake News Media, and they got caught cold!”
In September 2020 Meghan and Harry recorded a video for ABC’s Time 100 Special in which she addressed the upcoming US election as the “most important of our lifetime” while the Duke urged people to reject hate speech and misinformation.
Mr Trump was later asked by a reporter during a press conference for his response.
The reporter told the president the Sussexes had “essentially encouraged people to vote for Joe Biden”, to which Mr Trump replied: “I’m not a fan of hers.
“She probably has heard that.
“But I wish a lot of luck to Harry because he’s going to need it.”
Source: Read Full Article