Harry and Meghan ‘want Royal Family apology’ before King’s coronation

Harry & Meghan: Susanna Reid shares thoughts on Netflix show

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Days after their bombshell fly-on-the-wall Netflix series finished, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to be angry no olive branch has been forthcoming.

Their frustration is compounded by the fact aides quickly brokered reconciliation talks between Lady Susan Hussey and charity boss Ngozi Fulani after a recent race row.

Harry and Meghan are still keen to sit down with Palace officials and force acknowledgement they were wronged, despite previously saying this is unlikely to happen.

The fresh twist in the long-running saga comes after the Daily Express revealed how forgiving King Charles is prepared to overlook Harry’s hurtful outbursts in a bid to reunite his warring family.

The monarch is said to be hurt at the tidal wave of criticism unleashed by his youngest son and his wife.

But his love for Harry means he is prepared to exonerate him and steer the Duke and Duchess of Sussex back into the fold alongside brother William and his wife Kate.

Sources say a peacemaking operation is set to swing into action in the New Year during which the new sovereign will plot a path towards sit-down, clear-the-air talks.

It is hoped the reward will be a reunited William, 40, and Harry, 38, standing proudly at their father’s side at his Coronation on May 6.

A senior Palace source said: “He loves both his sons and hope springs eternal for a happier future all round…if some can stop fixating on the past.”

Asked about the possibility of the King extending an olive branch, he added: “Let’s see how things evolve.”

Last night it was claimed the stress caused by Harry and Meghan’s falling out with the family had a “detrimental effect” on the health of the Queen, who died at Balmoral on September 8.

The cause was officially stated as old age.

In the blistering warts-and-all series Harry admitted he has to “make peace” with the fact he will probably never receive “genuine accountability or a genuine apology”.

But a source close to the Sussexes said: “Yes they’d like to have a meeting – 100 per cent.”

While not commenting on the rift, the Archbishop of Canterbury, who married the couple at Windsor Castle in 2018, said: “There’s always a way forward, but it has to be at the right time.”

Source: Read Full Article