Horror as Lynx can explodes in student’s face ‘scarring him for life’

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

A student says he has been scarred for life and has lost his sense of smell after a Lynx aerosol can “exploded” in his face.

Josh Ditchfield, who says he got a cut on his nose as a result of the accident, claims the deodorant randomly “blew up” when he picked it up.

The 21-year-old had been decorating his room at the time and claims he did not place the can on a hot or cold surface.

Lynx is one of the most popular brands of men’s deodorant and antiperspirant, with millions of units sold every year.

The parent company, Unilever, said it would investigate what happened.

Josh, from Hall Green, Birmingham, claims he is now too scared to use the product and intends to seek legal advice after suffering a suspected broken nose.

The rail engineering student told Birmingham Live: “I’m not comfortable with the way I look anymore.

“I split my nose open and had to have six stitches.

“I’ve had the stitches removed, but it’s left a nasty scar.

“I’m wearing a mask now because I don’t want people to be staring at me.”

Josh said the company had asked him to send the can back so they could get to the bottom of what happened.

He said he was left shocked by the mysterious circumstances of the “explosion”.

“There was no bang,” he added. “The lid was still closed. The whole thing just exploded. The bottom bit of the can went into my nose.

“I ran to the bath because my eyes were burning. I went to the hospital, and they said if I didn’t splash my eyes with water, I would have gone blind.”

Josh was rushed to Heartlands A&E and later went to Queen Elizabeth Hospital to see a face specialist.

He said he waited eight hours to have stitches and was told he had suffered a “clean, deep cut”.

“It stands out like a sore thumb,” Josh added. “I want people to know the risks. It shouldn’t be happening. I just want to make people aware of it.”

A Unilever spokesperson said: “We are extremely sorry to hear about what must have been a very distressing experience for Josh. The safety of our products is our priority.

“We have rigorous safety checks in place for all our products and every aerosol can is tested before it leaves the factory.

“We’re supporting Josh to understand what may have happened in this instance and a thorough investigation by our safety and quality teams is underway.”

Source: Read Full Article