ROME (REUTERS) – Italy’s former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has been hospitalised in Milan for further checks after testing positive for the coronavirus, his Forza Italia party said on Friday (Sept 4).
The party said his medical condition was not a cause for concern.
The 83-year-old-media tycoon had been in isolation in his house in the town of Arcore, north of Milan.
Forza Italia said he is now at the San Raffaele Hospital “as a precaution”.
Mr Berlusconi had spoken via video link to a meeting of Forza Italia supporters on Thursday and said his fever had passed.
“I no longer have fever, nor pain, I want to reassure everyone that I am quite well,” he said.
Source: Read Full Article