Kate and Prince William’s break from Royal Family’s shadow ‘sign of things to come’

Kate and William launch their new YouTube channel

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge’s decision to break free from the Royal Family’s YouTube channel and establish their own was “a big step” for the couple and proves their position at the forefront of the Royal Family. Royal expert Katie Nicholl said that the last year had been crucial for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and they have now begun to “really resemble a future King and Queen.” 

Katie Nicholl, Royal editor of Vanity Fair, said: “They’ve proven to be so successful through Zoom and video conference calls, they have totally embraced this remote way of working, and it really has led to a boost in their popularity.” 

Whilst their growing presence within the monarchy can be attributed to Megxit and the death of Prince Philip, Katie Nicholl highlighted the importance of social media for the couple.

“I think this drive to social media, to YouTube, I think it was inevitable, it was always going to happen but I think the pandemic fast-tracked it,” she said. 

Creating their own YouTube is “a sign of things to come” and will allow the couple to connect with new audiences.

“It’s enabling them to reach out to a different demographic,” said Katie. “A younger generation, and actually, that younger generation will have William and Kate as their king and queen, so it’s really vital.” 

Prince William and Kate announced the launch of their YouTube on May 5, 2021 with a 25-second promotional trailer. 

Footage showed the couple attending public engagements, with a shot of Kate playing archery and William serving up food at a street kitchen. 

The trailer opens with the couple relaxing at their home in Norfolk as the Prince teases his wife to be careful with what she says as “these guys are filming everything.” 

The move will help the Duke and Duchess reach out to the younger generation and will feature exclusive footage of their charity work. 

Both Prince William and Kate have increased their high profile during the pandemic and have carried out a number of engagements on behalf of the Queen. 

Due to the Queen, Prince Charles, and the Duchess of Cornwall being more vulnerable to the COVID-19 pandemic, William and Kate were able to continue attending in-person engagements and were comfortable during Zoom and online appearances. 

In December, the couple embarked on a three-day whistlestop tour of the UK, in order to boost public morale and show their appreciation for frontline workers. 

DON’T MISS

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s neighbourhood hit by gruesome discovery – remains found
Queen Elizabeth II ‘to much miss Prince Philip’ as she marks coronation anniversary alone
William and Kate’s marriage ‘different’ to other royals – ‘Seamless and flawless’

They also became noticeable figures during the weekly Thursday ‘Clap for the NHS’ in which they’d post videos of them participating along with their three children outside their family home. 

In May 2020, Kate launched the ‘Hold Still’ photography exhibition with the National Portrait Gallery. The exhibition encouraged people to submit their photography of lockdown, with the top 100 images chosen to appear on billboards and murals across the UK. 

Their Instagram account showed the exhibition’s progress and kept the public informed of the couple’s charitable activities. 

William and Kate recently celebrated their 10-year wedding anniversary by releasing a short film of their family playing on a beach and toasting marshmallows. 

Source: Read Full Article