Kate and William hatch US masterplan as Cambridges plan to raise profile in America

Prince William and Kate: ‘Fears’ for children’s roles says expert

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

As the pair embrace their roles as the next generation of royals, one commentator has claimed their team is aware of the opportunity to spread their image in the US. While Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, 40, and Prince Harry, 37, have already established themselves in the US, Katie Nicholl claimed the pair could travel to the US as early as next year. A source told the commentator a “tour is very much on the cards” for the pair.

Ms Nicholl said: “Team Cambridge is very focused on America and making sure they have a high profile over there.

“The possibility of them making a high profile visit is very much on the cards for next year.”

She added: “America is a very important audience for them.”

Speaking on True Royalty TV’s The Royal Beat, Sunday Times royal editor Roya Nikkhah also claimed a US tour is on the cards.

She added: “I suspect there may well be a bit of a US tour from The Cambridges to put around the ceremony, which will be very interesting in the year of Harry releasing his memoirs, which will be big news around the world, particularly in America.”

The news of a possible US tour comes as Kate, 39, and William, also 39 hosted the inaugural Earthshot Prize and a reception to honour Princess Diana.

On Sunday, William welcomed a host of guests to raise awareness for the need to battle climate change.

On the night he awarded five winners on with each one receiving £1million in prize money.

JUST IN: Royal Family LIVE: US fury as Queen urged to strip Meghan’s title

After this year’s event, the Duke will take the award to the US which may be included as part of a tour of America.

Speaking to People magazine, he spoke of his joy at taking the award to the US next year.

He said: “The urgency of the situation can’t be overstated.

“But through the Earthshot Prize, I want to show people across the world why there is reason to be hopeful.

DON’T MISS

Why Prince Harry’s royal exit was written in royal history  [Latest]
Prince Philip would have been firm with Queen after illness [Update]
Eddie Redmayne ‘felt sorry’ for Prince William at Eton [Insight]

“This is just the start. I’m thrilled that in 2022, the Earthshot Prize will be heading to the United States, where we will continue to spread this vital message of urgency, optimism and action.”

On Tuesday, William and Kate held a postponed reception to honour Diana’s artwork.

The event was held at Kensington Palace and included friends and family of his late mother.

Although Harry didn’t attend the event, it is thought he had been in touch to thank donors who supported his mother’s artwork.

Harry and William had also unveiled a statue to their late mother in July.

The statue stands in Kensington Palace’s Sunken Gardens.

Source: Read Full Article