Kay Burley’s brutal swipe at Harry and Meghan over Megxit: ‘This cannot be correct!’

Prince Harry: Expert discusses 'blueprint' set for young royals

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

The Royal Family are this week readying for the funeral of Prince Philip. The Duke of Edinburgh sadly passed away last Friday aged 99. It is a time of great mourning for the royals and the establishment’s supporters.

Last weekend, Harry flew back to the UK in preparation for the funeral.

He will be able to momentarily leave quarantine to see his grandfather off.

This is because of a rule in the law that allows individuals on “compassionate grounds” to attend events like funerals even if they have not completed their quarantine.

Tensions will undoubtedly be high as it is the first time Harry has seen his family in-person since his and Meghan’s bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview.

It was here that the pair aimed several allegations at The Firm, much of which the family was not able to respond to on an individual level.

The fallout can be traced back to his and Meghan’s departure from the UK in January 2020 in what was quickly dubbed Megxit.

On announcing their plans to step back from senior royal duties and lead private lives, controversy ensued after they said they wanted to keep their titles.

This came in a joint statement posted to their website In February last year, where they insisted they would not “actively use” the titles.

JUST INIs THIS moment Queen fell in love with Princess Charlotte?

More outlandishly was their comment that the Queen herself did not own the word “royal” on an international level.

Former Sky News host Kay Burley reacted to the news on Twitter in what many interpreted as a swipe at Harry and Meghan.

She wrote: “This cannot be correct.

“Harry would not treat his grandmother with such disrespect….”

DON’T MISS

Nicky Campbell admitted Prince Harry sage made day ‘burst into song’ [REPORT]
Queen bans military uniforms for ALL royals at Philip’s funeral aft… [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry to leave UK ‘as soon as funeral over’  
[ANALYSIS] 

In February of this year, Meghan and Harry confirmed that they would not return as working members of the Royal Family.

The Queen said the couple would not “continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service”.

A statement from the palace added that Prince Harry and Meghan “remain much loved members of the family”.

The couple said “service is universal” and offered to continue supporting the organisations they previously represented.

Under the arrangements put in place in early 2020 the couple had already given up using the HRH titles.

But Harry retains the title of prince, having been born one.

They were, however, required to return their honorary military appointments and royal patronages.

These will be distributed among working members of the family by the Queen.

Meanwhile, Harry is currently staying at Nottingham Cottage.

The royal residence, situated in Kensington Palace, was his and Meghan’s first home.

Philip’s funeral takes place on Saturday at 3pm and will be held at St George’s Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Source: Read Full Article