Ngozi Fulani says royal family haven't reached out amid race row
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
King Charles and Camilla, Queen Consort, have asked Ngozi Fulani to meet with them at Buckingham Palace following an explosive racism row sparked by an interaction she had while visiting the palace. Ngozi Fulani claimed Lady Susan Hussey repeatedly asked “where she really came from” when she attended a charity event at the Palace. The Palace had said in a statement that her remarks were “not acceptable and deeply regrettable”.
Lady Hussey – who is Prince William’s godmother – has since resigned from her role in the royal household and apologised for her comments.
Commenting on the claims, the Prince of Wales said the comments were “really disappointing”.
His spokesperson said: “Racism has no place in our society, these comments were unacceptable. It’s right that the individual concerned has stepped down”.
The statement also read: “I was really disappointed to hear about the guests’ experience at Buckingham Palace last night.
“The comments were unacceptable, and it is right that the individual has stepped aside with immediate effect.”
Plans are now said to be underway for Ms Fulani to meet with Charles and Camilla to address the claims and look into resolving the issue.
Palace sources told the Mail on Sunday the King and Camilla will meet the Sistah Space chief executive at the Palace.
Appearing on Good Morning Britain, Ms Fulani explained that Lady Hussey had “made a beeline” for her before asking “about seven or eight times” where she came from.
She told the programme: “Then you realise, this is not about age. She seems to be quite capable of conducting herself. This is what it is, this is what you call racism. I’m there for two hours feeling like I need to leave, I want to leave, but not knowing what to do.
“People keep saying the Palace has reached out to me. They haven’t reached out to me. I’m telling you categorically, we have not heard.
“We’re about positive results. We’re happy to have that conversation. This is about violence against women and girls. I didn’t experience physical violence, I feel I experienced a form of abuse.
“I have clarity. That is racism.”
Prince Harry hits back over claim he spoke ill of British public [INSIGHT]
The ‘maternal’ gesture Kate and Meghan have in common [COMMENT]
Palace invites charity boss to meet King Charles amid racism row [PICTURES]
She added: “It was like an interrogation. That’s the only way I can explain it.”
Ms Fulani, chief executive of Sistah Space, had been invited to the Buckingham Palace event that focused on preventing violence against women.
Her charity offers specialist support for women of African and Caribbean heritage affected by abuse.
Lady Hussey, who has resigned, was a key figure in the Royal Household for many years.
Source: Read Full Article