Meghan Markle ‘will do something to distract’ from King Charles’s Coronation
Meghan Markle’s decision to not attend King Charles III’s Coronation will have “relieved” the monarch, a royal commentator has told Express.co.uk, who suggests he will now be looking forward to a “happier and more relaxed” affair next month.
Charles is set to be crowned King on May 6, with the world’s eyes glued to London and the celebrations surrounding Westminster Abbey and the moment he becomes monarch.
Among the guests are the likes of First Lady of the United States Jill Biden, the European Commission’s Ursula von der Leyen, and Charles’ youngest son Prince Harry.
But among those to confirm they would not be attending is Meghan, who has famously quit frontline duties within Buckingham Palace alongside her husband Harry to live a more private life in the US.
And while some observers have laid bare their disappointment at Meghan’s decision, author Andrew Lownie believes Charles, 74, will actually be pleased his daughter-in-law, 41, will not be attending.
Speaking to Express.co.uk, Lownie – who penned the 2021 book Traitor King: The Scandalous Exile of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor – argued that Charles would be “relieved” at Meghan’s no-show.
The intentions of Meghan and Harry, 38, had remained unclear up until last week, barely a month before the Coronation, with no word set in stone as to what they intended to do with regards to the Coronation.
Rows on both sides of the argument emerged, with tension fueled after Harry released his bombshell memoir Spare in January, which caused tension with many relationships he ha with senior royal figures in the process.
It was even claimed that Harry and Meghan’s invite to the Coronation was sent to them both via email.
Harry’s Coronation appearance will ‘play well’ in US, says expert[LATEST]
King Charles’ ‘cowardly’ antics are making him ‘foolish’ says expert[ANALYSIS]
Harry to miss King’s Coronation concert as he will fly home to Meghan[INSIGHT]
And with the dust settled, Lownie exclusively told Express.co.uk that the monarchy and the Sussexes could move on now that a decision had been reached on Harry and Meghan’s attendance.
He said: “She was going to be an unwelcome distraction and it will now be a happier and more relaxed affair.
“She did herself no favours by her churlish behaviour. She would certainly have been booed and I suspect Harry will be even without her.”
The prospect of Harry being booed has been debated by commentators in the build-up to the Coronation.
Harry’s place at the Coronation had been in doubt, particular as his eldest son Archie celebates his fourth birthday on the day of the historic event itself.
Omid Scobie, co-author of 2020 biography Finding Freedom, said the Duke of Sussex would only attend the festivities inside Westminster Abbey before returning back to the US.
In a tweet, the author said: “Expect it to be a fairly quick trip to the UK for Prince Harry, who will only be attending the Coronation ceremony at Westminster Abbey.”
Royal historian Robert Lacey claimed the seating of Harry had become a major sticking point for the Sussexes, with insiders claiming the couple were unhappy with where they were set to be seated.
Follow our social media accounts here on facebook.com/ExpressUSNews and @expressusnews
Source: Read Full Article