‘Last person they will call’ Charles and William set to snub Harry despite ‘major issue’

Prince Harry and Meghan: ‘Tensions still running high’ says Myers

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Royal Family face a “problem” in ensuring they have enough senior royals to step in for the Queen if she is unable to carry out her day-to-day duties, according to a royal expert. Historian Dr Ed Owens called it a “major issue for the Royal Family”. However, Daily Mail Diary Editor Richard Eden noted that Prince Charles and William will not be phoning Harry to ask him to step in and help any time soon.

This comes after the Queen left Windsor Castle for a private weekend away at her Sandringham home as she continues to rest following advice from her doctors.

The 95-year-old monarch was said to be “delighted” to be able to get away for the weekend.

Speaking on Palace Confidential, the Mail on Sunday’s Assistant Editor Kate Mansey said the rest of the Firm are trying to ensure that there are enough senior royals to take on her duties should she be unable to execute them.

She added: “We know the Queen has been unwell, that she spent a night in hospital, but the Palace aides are really keen to make clear she is attending to her duties of state.”

JUST IN: Meghan Markle told to ‘behave properly’ to promote her work

Ms Mansey said: “She can still do these core duties of state. The Queen was out driving recently, she recorded the video message for COP26.”

Dr Owens reacted: “It is a major issue for the Royal Family not having enough senior royals to step in for the Queen if she is too ill to be involved in the day to day business of running the monarchy.

“This is a problem. There has been a gradual downsizing of the Royal Family, and it raises questions about the future.”

Host Jo Elvin asked: “Is there an argument for getting on the phone to Harry?”

Meghan and Harry will let public see Lilibet in future says expert

Mr Eden responded: “I think he would love it if the Royal Family come back begging. Or demanding.

“But, I think he is the last person who will be getting the call.

“There are others who would step into the roles if needed, obviously the Cambridges, the Duchess of Cornwall.

“Princess Anne will always do her duty.

“I don’t think there will be any desperate call to California.”

DON’T MISS

BBC shamed for ‘cracking down on over-75s’ after wasting £9.25m [VIDEO]
BBC Weather: UK weekend travel warning ahead of 80mph winds [FORECAST]
Royal Family LIVE: Meghan’s political moves backfire – US turns on her [LIVE BLOG]

He added: “I’ve always been a big supporter of Princess Eugenie and Beatrice stepping in if needed.”

Last week doctors advised the Queen to rest until mid-November following medical checks in hospital last month.

Buckingham Palace said the Queen could carry out some light, desk-based duties during that time, but not undertake official visits.

Earlier this week she was spotted driving her car near Windsor Castle.

The UK’s longest-reigning monarch also carried out her weekly meeting with Prime Minister Boris Johnson by telephone on Wednesday.

Source: Read Full Article