Man admits manslaughter of millionaire hotel owner Sir Richard Sutton – but denies murder

A 34-year-old man has admitted the manslaughter of millionaire hotelier Sir Richard Sutton, but denied his murder.

Thomas Schreiber also entered a not guilty plea to the attempted murder of his mother Anne, who was Sir Richard’s partner.

At Winchester Crown Court, he separately pleaded guilty to driving a Range Rover dangerously on the A303, A4 and M3.

The court was told that the Crown Prosecution Service found Schreiber’s manslaughter plea unacceptable, and that the case would proceed to trial on 29 November.

Schreiber was remanded in custody until then.

Sir Richard, 83, owned a string of top hotels in London – and in last year’s Sunday Times Rich List, his family’s fortune was worth an estimated £301m.

He and Ms Schreiber were found with serious injuries on 7 April at an address near Gillingham in Dorset.

Sir Richard was pronounced dead at the scene, and police previously said that an initial post-mortem indicated his cause of death was stab wounds to the chest.

Ms Schreiber was airlifted to Southmead Hospital in Bristol.

Source: Read Full Article