A man has been arrested after he allegedly tried to leap over a barrier before the Queen’s coffin procession.
The attendee was apprehended by police officers after he tried to jump the barriers onto Parliament Street by the Cenotaph.
Thousands of mourners were gathered to watch the Queen’s coffin make its final journey, after having to queue through the night to get the best spot.
In dramatic scenes the man was detained as the late monarch’s coffin emerged from Westminster Abbey.
This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon… Check back shortly for further updates.
Got a story? Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] Or you can submit your videos and pictures here.
For more stories like this, check our news page.
Follow Metro.co.uk on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news updates. You can now also get Metro.co.uk articles sent straight to your device. Sign up for our daily push alerts here.
Queen Elizabeth II dead: Latest updates
- Full schedule for the Queen’s funeral and committal service
- Map shows where you can watch the Queen on her final journey to Windsor Castle
- The flowers chosen for the Queen’s funeral and their significance
- Queen’s last official portrait released ahead of her funeral
- Queen to be separated from crown for final time in poignant committal service
Head to Metro.co.uk’s Queen Elizabeth II tag page for the latest updates, and sign Metro.co.uk’s book of condolence to Her Majesty here.
Source: Read Full Article