A jewellery shop worker was found by his colleagues after he was killed from an electric shock as he slept next to his mobile phone, it is claimed.
Puttawat Kamwan, 34, did not turn up for work three days in a row, so worried colleagues decided to visit his apartment in Samut Prakan, Thailand.
However when they got into his bedroom they found him collapsed and decomposing on the bed with his hand on his mobile phone.
Photos from the scene show Mr Kamwan’s bedroom with the charger and power cord lying next to his bed.
His colleague Pantatip Kanthong, 22, said: ‘We work at a jewellery shop.. He was absent for three days and did not answer his phone.’
‘After work, we went to his room but we found his door was open. We went inside with the landlady and found him.’
Building owner Nattanit Hawharn, 31, said Puttawat stayed home alone and was usually silent in his room so she didn’t think anything was wrong.
She said: ‘He was usually quiet and rested in his room or drank cans of beer after work. We saw his door was opened. We thought he was only sick.’
Investigating officer police captain Pongnarin Nontanok of Bang Phli police station said they found no traces of assault.
He said: ‘Puttawat Kamwan was still lying on his bed. His right arm was also touching the charging phone.
‘We found no trace of assault. From the evidence, he had been dead for at least three days.
‘His corpse was bloated and sent foul stench across the room.’
Pongnarin added that Puttawat might have been killed by short-circuiting as his arm was lying on the charging phone.
The policeman said: ‘The initial investigation reports noted the presence of the phone and charging cable, so electrocution was suspected as the cause of death.
‘This was confirmed with an autopsy at the Ramathibodi Chakri Naruebodindra Hospital in Bangkok.’
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]
For more stories like this, check our news page.
Source: Read Full Article