Meghan and Harry ‘need security’ after receiving dangerous threats

Meghan Markle and Harry 'need security' following threats says Bond

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

However, following reports of major “dangerous” threat being noted towards, particularly towards Meghan Markle, BBC’s former royal correspondent Jennie Bond claimed that the couple “need security” after Neil Basu opened up about the alarming allegations towards Meghan and Prince Harry amid his resignation as Assistant Commissioner for Specialist Operations for the Met Police in an exclusive interview released on Tuesday.

Speaking to GB News about Mr Basu interview, Ms Bond said: “Its the former head of counterterrorism in the Met and a very senior man indeed.

“[He] has spoken out about the extraordinary serious threats which were made against Meghan Markle.

“He said, you know, if you read what was written, the racism within those threats, and the outright threats to her life [then] she was considered to be in inconsiderable danger at several times when she was living over here.

“So it brings up the whole issue of yes, they do need security, clearly, but who should pay for that.”

The fomer royal correspondent pointed out that Meghan is probably “not alone” in having had threats posed onto her within the monarchy.

She added; “I’m sure several members of the Royal Family [have experienced them].”

Ms Bond noted one member of family, in particular – Prince Andrew, also known as the Duke of York.

She concluded, however, these do seem “particularly serious”, all according to the “top man”.

“We must, of course, believe him”.

Harry and Meghan are the 'elephant in the room' says Nicholl

In his interview, Mr Basu called the threats towards Meghan as “disgusting and very real”.

When asked whether the Duchess of Sussex’s life was genuinely threatened more than once, Basu replied, “Absolutely”.

He added: “We had teams investigating it. People have been prosecuted for those threats”.

DON’T MISS

Meghan Markle podcast guest left awkward after forgetting meeting her [INSIGHT]
Champion of human rights’: Meghan to speak on ‘power of women’ [REPORT]
Meghan Markle’s podcast Archetypes tipped for new season [REVEAL]

Meghan married Prince Harry in May 2018, with the couple making the decision to step down as senior working royals in 2020.

In March 2022, Harry chosen not to return to the UK for his late grandfather’s memorial service, due to his ongoing fears over security.

Earlier this year, royal expert Angela Levin told TalkTV that Prince Harry has “no right” to demand security as he is a “non-working royal”.

READ NEXT:

  • Queen Camilla breaks royal tradition by appointing six companions in radical move
  • Prince William crowned as TikTok ‘king’ in first post ahead of Earthshot Prize Ceremony
  • Mike Tindall receives ‘papa hug’ as he reunites with children after stint in the jungle
  • Queen Elizabeth seals icon status as officially most Googled person in UK this year
  • Kate and William scramble to arrange meeting with Joe Biden in Boston amid Harry snub

Source: Read Full Article