Meghan and Harry POLL: Should ITV air unseen clips from Oprah Winfrey interview?

Meghan Markle and Harry: 'No way back' for couple says expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Express.co.uk readers can vote in our poll. And let us know more about what you think in the comments section.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s full interview was three hours and 20 minutes long, but it was cut to one hour and 25 minutes for the programme, which first aired on US television network CBS.

This means more than 90 minutes has not yet been broadcast.

ITV reportedly wants to show unseen footage from the controversial interview.

An industry source told the Sunday People: “There is a lot of interest in showing the interview in full.

“The original programme was the biggest show of the year so far in the UK and was bought by firms around the world.

“Showing more of it would be a guaranteed ratings winner.

“Oprah’s production company know they’re sitting on a goldmine so it’s possible a deal could be done.”

It is understood ITV paid £1million for the rights to the programme.

But the Sunday People cited sources as saying this only covered the 1 hours and 25 minutes which aired in the US.

Royal aides reportedly fear the remaining footage could contain more explosive claims.

Meghan and Harry plunged the Royal Family into crisis with the bombshell interview.

They made a set of damaging claims, including allegations of racism.

DON’T MISS
Prince William left ‘reeling’ after Prince Harry’s interview [INSIGHT]
Royal rift is the deepest of chasms, says MARGARET HOLDER [COMMENT]
William and Harry’s Diana memorial will ‘trigger healing of the rift’ ‘[ANALYSIS]

The royals made clear they did not agree with all of the Sussexes’ version of events.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace insisted that “some recollections may vary”.

And Prince William angrily defended the Royal Family against racism claims during a rare outburst as he stepped out for an engagement with Kate.

Earlier this week, Gayle King told CBS This Morning viewers that Harry had spoken to his father Prince Charles and his brother following the interview.

But the US breakfast show host described the talks as “not productive”.

The Sussexes quit royal duties in March 2020 and are now living in California.

Express.co.uk has contacted ITV for comment.

Source: Read Full Article