Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will “capitalise” on tributes for the late Queen, one year on from her death on September 8, 2022.
It has been said that the Duke and Duchess will mark the anniversary in their “own way”, although royal commentator Anna McGovern said that the couple will likely to the day “to make anything about themselves”.
The couple, who now live in the US after stepping down from royal duties in 2020, are currently largely estranged from the Royal Family due to ongoing tensions between the two parties.
Despite both attending the late Queen’s state funeral last year, it is only Harry who has visited the UK on a few occasions since.
Many members of the Royal Family are set to spend summer at the Balmoral estate, a tradition also held by the late Queen, with the Sussexes reportedly being “denied” an invite.
READ MORE: POLL: Should Prince Harry be removed from the line of succession?
Speaking on her opinion that the couple will make the day “about themselves”, Ms McGovern said that, if this were the case, it “completely misses the point of what the occasion should be about”.
The commentator added: “I think they will capitalise so much off of it and the media will leech onto it.
“It will be front page news, and I think it will actually take away from the official occasion that the royals are gathering to honour [the late Queen].”
She added: “I will not be surprised if Harry and Meghan will find any opportunity, of course, to make something, again, about themselves.”
READ MORE: Harry and Meghan should have ‘stuck it out’ in Royal Family to ‘make changes’
This is King Charles III’s first time hosting summer at Balmoral, with many members of his family set to join him there this month.
The Prince and Princess of Wales are set to join the monarch, along with their three children.
Princess Anne is likely to travel to Scotland to be with her brother, as well as the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh.
The late Queen’s annual stay at Balmoral used to last until October, meaning that the royals will mark the first anniversary of the late monarch’s death in the place where she passed away last year.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
William takes just 36 hours to upstage ‘unremarkable and lame’ Harry[LIVE]
Meghan Markle acting return ‘seems likely’ and Netflix ‘making sneaky moves'[DETAILS]
Meghan Markle’s acting comeback rumours swirl as PR expert gives verdict[EXPERT]
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who live in California with their two children, chose not to join the royals at Balmoral in 2019.
Despite receiving an invite, Meghan reportedly felt that a then-three-month-old Archie was “too young” to make the visit to Scotland.
Along with the trip being halted in 2020 due to the Covid pandemic, the couple have also not made the visit over the past two summers.
Source: Read Full Article