Meghan and Harry are currently in Los Angeles, where they recently moved from Canada to a million-dollar mansion., but any plans to spend Archie’s big day with family members or close friends is unlikely to happen due to the coronavirus pandemic.
A source spoke with E! News to reveal that the plans for baby Archie’s big day with family had now “changed” due to coronavirus restrictions preventing the former Sussex couple returning to the UK.
The insider said: “The hope had been that Archie’s first birthday would somehow be marked with some members of the royal family, cousins, grandparents and some godparents in the UK when they were over in the UK.”
Meghan and Harry’s plans to visit the UK later in the year for charitable events have also been cancelled, meaning they will not see British family members any time soon either.
The insider added: “I think the hope in royal circles had been that the Sussexes would return to the UK in May, either before or after their attendance at the Invictus Games in The Netherlands next month, and they were also due to attend the queen’s birthday parade, Trooping the Colour on June 13.
“But with both those events now cancelled, and Harry and Meghan holed in California where they are likely to be social distancing for the next few weeks, Archie is set to celebrate his first birthday with only his parents.”
The Sussexes are said to be hoping to reunite when the virus is well behind everyone.
But if social distancing guidelines do relax at any point, it could see the former Sussex couple celebrate Archie’s birthday with Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland in LA.
Archie’s birthday is on May 6, and although few pictures have been released of the young royal, it is reported that he has reached many developmental milestones.
“I spoke to someone who had been sent a video of Archie a few weeks back. He said that he is super cute and a really, really happy little boy,” royal expert Katie Nicholl told ET Online.
“He’s burbling and sort of desperate to talk, but certainly already mastered cruising and is well on his way to walking. He may even be walking already. I was told very cute, very, very happy, and very confident little boy.”
The former Sussex couple is currently living in a rented “ocean-facing” villa in Malibu was they prepare to launch their Archewell organisation.
How Kate Middleton and Prince William are supporting NHS responders [INSIGHT]
Kate offered ‘invaluable advice’ from Camilla on how to best be royal [ANALYSIS]
Queen hailed as most ‘inspirational royal’ for her ‘high positivity’ [OPINION]
“This isn’t a couple that like to sit still and do nothing. I’m told they’re really quite busy. …They are hard at work.”
Ms Nicholl added: “I was told that the couple were not planning to release the new name of their foundation, Archewell, for a couple of weeks or certainly until the spotlight was not on the coronavirus pandemic.
“But they were pipped to the post by a British newspaper who managed to obtain documents that they had filed in the U.S. last month trademarking, copyrighting the name Archewell.
“They really felt that they didn’t want a load of speculation out there.
“They want the focus to be on the coronavirus pandemic.
“They personally felt quite awkward that they’d been forced into making a statement about something they weren’t quite ready to share with the world.” Added Ms Nicholl.
Twitter users shared their opinions on the brand relaunch.
One said: “Honestly could not care less…..there is so much more important stuff going on right now……”
Another replied: “They ran away from our Country! I have no time for them!”
A third commented: “As they’re now just normal citizens maybe they could just volunteer to the NHS scheme for a while?”
Source: Read Full Article