A source claimed to the Daily Mail that the couple had planned an A list event to celebrate their son’s first birthday on May 6. However, they have now had to rethink their plans as Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced that social gatherings will continue to be prohibited.
It is now thought that Meghan and Harry could host a quiet celebration at their million-dollar Malibu rented home instead.
The insider said: “Los Angelenos have been told that social distancing remains a priority and parties or gatherings of any sort are out of the question.
“There is no way that Harry and Meghan could or would even consider throwing a party for family and friends. As special as Archie turning one is, now is the time to take safety more seriously than ever.
“Their close-knit friend group will have plenty of other opportunities moving forward to come together. There are other events lined up throughout the rest of the year.
“It’s a shame because Archie’s birthday, without the lockdown, offered the perfect opportunity to host a welcome to LA bash for them and their friends.
“Just last week April 19 was the date restrictions would set to be lifted, but that’s not the case any more for safety reasons.’
Meghan and Harry both have many friends in Los Angeles, including the Clooney’s, Oprah Winfrey and Elton John.
The confidante also explained that the coronavirus had impacted Meghan and Harry’s business and charity plans, as they had hoped to launch their new “Archewell” organisation.
“They still hope to have Archewell up and running fully by the time the lockdown is lifted,’ they said.
“Their desire to make their foundation a success is greater than ever. And what is happening to the world makes them more determined to do good in the world.”
The city of LA is under lockdown meaning that residents are only allowed to visit supermarkets, pharmacies and to exercise.
The one special detail that links Baby Archie to Zara Tindall [ANALYSIS]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have surprising ally in THIS royal [OPINION]
Prince Harry’s ‘difficult’ time revealed in ‘extraordinary’ insight [INSIGHT]
After New York, California is one of the worst affected coronavirus states.
It comes as an insider told E! News that the Meghan and Harry had also hoped to celebrate Archie’s family with a separate UK event.
The insider said: “The hope had been that Archie’s first birthday would somehow be marked with some members of the royal family, cousins, grandparents and some godparents in the UK when they were over in the UK.”
Meghan and Harry’s plans to visit the UK later in the year for charitable events have also been cancelled, meaning they will not see British family members any time soon either.
The insider added: “I think the hope in royal circles had been that the Sussexes would return to the UK in May, either before or after their attendance at the Invictus Games in The Netherlands next month, and they were also due to attend the queen’s birthday parade, Trooping the Colour on June 13.
“But with both those events now cancelled, and Harry and Meghan holed in California where they are likely to be social distancing for the next few weeks, Archie is set to celebrate his first birthday with only his parents.”
The Sussexes are said to be hoping to reunite with the royal family when the virus is well behind everyone.
Prince Harry’s good friend Dr Jane Goodall, admitted that the prince is struggling to adapt to his new life in Los Angeles.
Since Harry stepped down as a senior royal last month, he has kept in touch with the 86-year-old primatologist.
She is currently self-isolating in her Bournemouth home but took time to speak about Harry’s current situation.
She told Radio Times: “I don’t know how his career is going to map out, but, yes, I’ve been in touch, though I think he’s finding life a bit challenging right now.”
Source: Read Full Article