Meghan & Harry Netflix trailer release ‘no surprise’ – expert

Harry and Meghan star in trailer for Netflix documentary

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

It is “no surprise” that the trailer for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Netflix docuseries was released today, according to a royal commentator.

The trailer dropped amid allegations of racism by a member of the royal household which have largely overshadowed a visit to America by the Prince and Princess of Wales.

Speaking to Express.co.uk, royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said: “The trailer has just been released and no surprises why they chose today, it’s a very embarrassing period for the Royal Family and that’s why.”

Charity boss Ngozi Fulani has alleged that Prince William’s godmother, royal aide Lady Susan Hussey, “relentlessly” asked about her nationality – she is British – and where her “people” came from. She has said that she considers the behaviour “abuse”.

Lady Susan Hussey has since apologised and resigned from her position, however Ms Fulani has said that no one from Buckingham Palace had reached out to her directly.

The incident has overshadowed a visit by the Prince and Princess of Wales to Boston which royal watchers have coined as William’s “super bowl” moment.

Mr Fitzwilliams said: “Tomorrow the Prince and Princess of Wales are going to meet President Biden, that is a very considerable coup. The Earthshot Prize is very important and extremely high profile.

“It’s been overshadowed, at least so far, by the fact that Ngozi Fulani says she hasn’t heard from Buckingham Palace. What we are seeing is that the narrative is being controlled by forces other than the royal household and the palace.”

However, the palace’s concerns may not stop there. A series of events and releases lined up by the Sussexes likely have the palace on tenterhooks.

The first is Meghan and Harry’s trip to New York where they will be honoured the Ripple of Hope Award, credited to them after they alleged structural racism within the institution of the monarchy.

This ceremony takes place on December 6, shortly after the Prince and Princess of Wales leave Boston.

Mr Fitzwilliams said: “There is a whole series of things, the Ripple of Hope Awards on the 6th, the Netflix series on the 8th and the first of Harry’s memoirs, apparently there are going to be several, on January 10.”

He added: “The Sussexes appear to have the initiative when it comes to forming a narrative, they were always unpredictable but this is significant. There’s a lot coming.”

Although the exact subject matter of the docuseries is unknown, the trailer appears to indicate that the couple will give on camera interviews, something which likely has the palace worried.

DON’T MISS:
Meghan’s ‘utter misery & distress’ shown in new video, expert claims [INSIGHT]
Meghan and Harry offer rare glimpse into personal lives in new photos [PICTURES]
Netflix fans threaten to ‘unsubscribe’ over Meghan and Harry’s series [REPORT]

The trailer features a montage of images of the Duke and Duchess, before Harry says: “No one sees what’s happening behind closed doors…I had to do everything I could to protect my family.”

An image of Kate and William, sitting in front of the Sussexes, comes on the screen, with the Princess of Wales looking at the camera, although no context for the photo is given.

Meghan adds at the end of the clip: “When the stakes were this high, doesn’t it make more sense to hear our story from us?”

The show, titled Harry & Meghan, is set to premier on Netflix next week on December 8.

Source: Read Full Article