Meghan Markle and Harry ‘not in touch’ with US public as NY visit inconsistency exposed

Royal expert says Harry and Meghan 'out of touch'

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry recently stepped out in New York for their first joint appearances since the birth of their daughter, Lilibet Diana, on June 4. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended to participate in Global Citizen Live, to promote equal access to the COVID-19 vaccine as well as a reading at a school in Harlem. Royal commentator Katie Nicholl pointed out a notable inconsistency between the outing and the image the couple have wanted to offer the world of themselves.

The couple did face some criticism for the visit, including the fact that they travelled back to Montecito by private jet, after being vocal about the effects of climate change. 

Ms Nicholl, the Royal editor of Vanity Fair, spoke about the event on The Royal Beat. 

She said: “Turning up at an underprivileged school in Harlem, in a couture coat that costs more than the combined incomes of most of those parents at the school.”

“It doesn’t make any sense. It just shows them to not be in touch.”

JUST IN: James Brokenshire dead: Former minister and Tory MP dies following lung cancer battle

The Duchess was slammed for wearing the $5,840 Loro Piana cashmere coat, as she was visiting an underprivileged part of New York. 

Royal insiders discuss August Brooksbank’s christening

The Duchess and Harry stepped down from their role as working royals in the British monarchy last year. 

When they made the decision, they rescinded their rights to use their HRH titles and stopped receiving public funds for royal duties.

The Duke and Duchess had previously said they planned to carve out a “progressive new role” in the Royal Family and intended to “work to become financially independent”.

This saw them launch their non-profit, the Archewell Foundation. 

DON’T MISS: 

Meghan Markle and Harry could ‘re-enter royal orbit’ through Queen’s Christmas gathering
‘You don’t want be a royal!’ Prince Harry criticised for Lilibet christening claims
Kate and William under pressure to GIVE UP Kensington Palace – Cambridges in firing line

Since moving to Montecito, California, the couple have signed various deals with multiple companies. 

Their production deal with major player Netflix, was reportedly around $150 million. 

It is also rumoured that Meghan is starting a new skin line with infomercial “guru” Bill Guthy. 

The deal is rumoured to be around $200 million. 

Source: Read Full Article