Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Oprah interview sparks MORE Ofcom complaints

Royal insider says Oprah interview 'doesn't add up'

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A further 246 complaints were made between April 20-26, taking the overall total to 6,449, the regulator has confirmed. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made a set of astonishing claims about the Royal Family during the bombshell interview, which aired last month.

Meghan and Harry made a series of damaging claims about the royals, including racism accusations.

The TV interview plunged the monarchy into a fresh crisis just one year on from Megxit.

In a statement issued by Buckingham Palace days after the tell-all interview, the royals made clear they did not agree with all of Harry and Meghan’s claims.

The statement highlighted how “some recollections may vary”.

Prince William also denied the Royal Family was racist in a rare public outburst during an engagement in the wake of the interview.

Harry returned to Britain for the first time since Megxit earlier this month for Prince Philip’s funeral.

He is said to have received a “frosty reception” from some members of the Royal Family.

Pregnant Meghan remained in California after being advised against flying by her doctor.

Harry was seen in public with his brother Prince William for the first time in a year.

The warring siblings, whose bond one appeared unbreakable, were separated by their cousin Peter Phillips in the funeral procession.

But they were seen chatting after the service, sparking hopes they could repair their rift.

The brothers are due to be reunited again in July for the unveiling of a statue dedicated to their late mother Princess Diana at Kensington Palace.

DON’T MISS
Prince Edward sees unexpected popularity surge in new poll [POLL]
Meghan Markle described as ‘the antithesis’ of Kate [ANALYSIS]
Kate was ‘mortified’ by Meghan and Harry ‘circulating’ damaging story [INSIGHT]

Harry is living in America with his wife Meghan and their young son Archie after ending royal duties in March 2020.

The couple, who are expecting their second child, have bought an £11million mansion in Montecito.

And they have signed lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify as they pursue new lives of personal and financial freedom.

Royal author Penny Junor said the Sussexes had “lobbed a huge bomb” into the Royal Family in the year since quitting as working royals.

Speaking last month on the first anniversary of Megxit, Ms Junor said: “When Harry and Meghan left a year ago people were surprised and disappointed because they were a great pair.

“Harry was a hugely popular royal and Meghan was a great asset to the family.

“A year on, I think a lot of people are really angry and think that they have betrayed their family and lobbed a huge bomb into the heart of the institution and sort of taken a swipe at the UK as well.”

Source: Read Full Article