We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
The Duchess of Sussex will celebrate her birthday on August 4, months after breaking free from the royal system. And the mother-of-one is said to be ready to enjoy a night out in Montecito, outside of Santa Barbara, 100 miles from Los Angeles. A source told The Daily Mail: “Whatever she ends up doing for her birthday, Meghan said it will be low-key.
“She said she doesn’t want to come across as being careless and irresponsible.”
The friend suggested the duchess and Prince Harry were feeling ‘cooped up’ and wanted a change of scenery.
They added Meghan would likely require guests to undergo a coronavirus test before they are given the all-clear to attend her birthday bash.
The Sussexes have been holed up in the sprawling mansion in the exclusive neighbourhood of Beverly Ridge since the end of March.
The couple and their son Archie jetted to California from Canada as the state was going into lockdown.
Since then, they have been spotted in public just a handful of times.
The mansion they are staying in is thought to be owned by Hollywood producer Tyler Perry.
It boasts eight bedrooms and 12 bathrooms and affords the family-of-three a high degree of privacy.
Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland has reportedly moved in and is helping to look after one-year-old Archie.
Last year Meghan celebrated her 38th birthday with a “family day” at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.
A carrot cake from the Stoke Newington-based Luminary Bakery was shipped to the address.
How Prince Harry could have had precious Prince Philip title [INSIGHT]
Kate and Prince William hit back at Royal Foundation complaint [ANALYSIS]
Meghan Markle update: When will we next see Meghan and baby Archie? [ANSWERED]
Last November Meghan visited the charity to open their new store in east London.
The business employs women who have endured domestic violence, trafficking and poverty.
In May, Meghan and Harry, 35, celebrated little Archie’s first birthday in lockdown by releasing an adorable video of the duchess reading to her son.
The couple also marked their second wedding anniversary by tucking into Mexican food and Margaritas at the mansion.
Meanwhile, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are to travel to Balmoral Castle in Aberdeenshire for their summer holiday next month.
The Queen’s annual visit is likely to be different from normal due to the coronavirus restrictions in place.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said arrangements for the visit in early August “will be in line with the relevant guidelines and advice”.
Visitors from two other households will be able to meet her at a time at Balmoral, under current Scottish Government rules, with a recommendation for a maximum of eight people at a time when inside.
This is only possible with social distancing and “strict hygiene measures”.
Source: Read Full Article