Meghan Markle fury: Duchess of Sussex fans attack Royal Family for ‘failing’ her

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Meghan Markle, 38, has moved to LA with Prince Harry, 35, after stepping down as senior royals earlier this year. America is where they plan to bring up their son after walking away from the Royal Family in order to become financially independent after their hopes of earning money while still supporting the Queen were ruled out. One fan, Gertrud from London believes the Royal Family have failed Meghan as she defended the Duke and Duchess of Sussex during a debate about them stepping down as senior royals.

Speaking on the Jeremy Vine show, Gertrud said: “I’m so pleased the transcript said Meghan hasn’t spoken to her father because they have spoken to him, both Meghan and Harry.

“They have sent texts.

“He has had a 24-hour security team almost on day one ready for him to use.

“It says in all those text messages even though you haven’t used them, they’re still there.

“Harry said, ‘we’re going to call you, please be at the phone’.

“There are all these lists of telephone calls where they are trying to communicate.”

Her comments come as Meghan was left “unprotected by the Institution” of the monarchy when attacked by the media and “prohibited from defending herself”, according to leaked court documents.

The papers form part of Meghan’s legal action against the publisher of the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline over articles which featured parts of a “private and confidential” letter from the duchess to her estranged father Thomas Markle.

Meghan is seeking damages for alleged misuse of private information, copyright infringement and breach of the Data Protection Act.

Associated Newspapers wholly denies the allegations and says it will hotly contest the case.

In the documents, seen by the PA news agency, the duchess’s five friends who spoke to a US publication criticising her father, are not named but referred to as A-E, although they are identified in an undisclosed confidential schedule.

And the papers claim the Duchess’s royal wedding generated a tourism revenue of more than a billion pounds for the public purse.

“The Claimant had become the subject of a large number of false and damaging articles by the UK tabloid media, specifically by the Defendant, which caused tremendous emotional distress and damage to her mental health,” said the court papers.

They added: “As her friends had never seen her in this state before, they were rightly concerned for her welfare, specifically as she was pregnant, unprotected by the Institution, and prohibited from defending herself.”

DON’T MISS

Queen and Prince Philip hit major milestone with royal first [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry STILL receiving money from Charles [VIDEO]
Kate sends royal fans into a frenzy as they notice striking change [ANALYSIS]

The five close friends of Meghan – with friend A personally known to Mr Markle for more than 20 years – were interviewed but not named in a People magazine article – something Meghan was not involved with, the papers stated.

In the article, published in February last year, they spoke out against the bullying the royal said she has faced.

The report also highlighted Meghan’s handwritten letter to her father, with a confidant telling the American publication about its content: “She’s like, ‘Dad, I’m so heartbroken. I love you. I have one father. Please stop victimising me through the media so we can repair our relationship’.”

Meghan phoned friend A after the article appeared to express “her distress” at its publication and contents, the court papers claimed.

Meghan lost the first round of her legal battle in May with parts of her claim struck out.

A spokesperson for Schillings, the firm representing Meghan, said: “Today’s ruling makes very clear that the core elements of this case do not change and will continue to move forward.

“The duchess’ rights were violated; the legal boundaries around privacy were crossed.

“As part of this process, the extremes to which the Mail on Sunday used distortive, manipulative, and dishonest tactics to target the Duchess of Sussex have been put on full display.

“Whilst the judge recognises that there is a claim for breach of privacy and copyright, we are surprised to see that his ruling suggests that dishonest behaviour is not relevant.

“We feel honesty and integrity are at the core of what matters; or as it relates to the Mail on Sunday and Associated Newspapers, their lack thereof.

“Nonetheless, we respect the judge’s decision as the strong case against Associated will continue to focus on the issue of a private, intimate and hand-written letter from a daughter to her father that was published by The Mail on Sunday.

“This gross violation of any person’s right to privacy is obvious and unlawful, and The Mail on Sunday should be held to account for their actions.”

Source: Read Full Article