Meghan Markle: Bonnie Greer discusses Oprah interview
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Ms Winfrey’s 90-minute interview of the royal couple, which has already been recorded, will be broadcast on March 7. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are personal friends of Ms Winfrey who attended their wedding in May 2018.
An insider has warned its “time to hide behind the sofa” for other Royal Family members.
Another source close to Meghan said the interview will allow her to regain her voice.
They told the Sunday Times: “Having an institutional voice within the Royal Family wasn’t enough [for Meghan].
“This interview will be the loudest way she’ll get her voice back.
“When they first started dating Meghan felt she had lost her voice.
“She had had a platform as a moderately successful actress, and when she was told to stop using her social media and be careful what she said, I could tell that loss of voice and independence pained her.”
Meghan and Harry’s interview will be broadcast in the United States by CBS.
Its UK and international rights are reportedly still being negotiated.
Speaking to The Sun a source linked to the couple said: “The pair are clearly very close to Oprah and the fact she’s been with them at such an intense time has given her a unique insight into the rift with the royals.
“The drama of last week means that Oprah’s tell-all show will be pure gold.
“It’s time to hide behind the sofa for the other royals.”
On Friday Buckingham Palace announced Harry and Meghan would lose their remaining royal patronages.
Queen Elizabeth II promises ‘new beginning’ for Royal Family [REVEAL]
Diana left ‘traumatised’ by Charles’ odd reply at engagement [SHOCK]
Royal Family told to ‘hide behind the sofa’ for Oprah Megxit interview [WARNING]
The decision was taken after the couple confirmed “they will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family”.
Harry has also been stripped of his honorary military positions.
A poll by YouGov found just under half of Britons think it is inappropriate for the couple to do the interview, whilst just 29 percent disagree.
The decision to strip the Sussexes’ of their remaining royal patronages sparked controversy with the couple replying: “We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”
Buckingham Palace said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of The Royal Family.
“Following conversations with the Duke, The Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.
“The honorary military appointments and Royal patronages held by The Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of The Royal Family.
“While all are saddened by their decision, The Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family.”
Meghan has lost her patronages of the National Theatre and Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Harry has been remove as patron of the Rugby Football Union, Rugby Football League and London Marathon.
Source: Read Full Article