The Duchess of Sussex’s decision to not attend the King’s Coronation suggests she is the “main source” of the ongoing royal feud, royal expert and author Tom Quinn has suggested. The 41-year-old has decided not to attend the historic event, leaving Harry to attend solo. Meghan last visited the UK last September when she attended the late Queen’s funeral.
Join our WhatsApp community to get the latest Coronation news straight to your phone!
Mr Quinn told Express.co.uk: “What it [Meghan’s absence] says is that the real row, or the main source of the row, the source of all the disagreements is Meghan.”
He added: “I think Charles hates the idea that this rift will blight the last years of his life.
“He said that publicly, he’s going to hate the fact that his reign is going to be damaged by this split with his son.
The author added: “Charles will be pleased that Harry is there. 50 percent of him will be pleased and the other 50 percent will be thinking [that] the whole world will notice that Meghan hasn’t turned up.”
He added that seemingly, Charles would have preferred if Meghan has attended too, and that she could have attended for a “short” time.
Mr Quinn continued: “Lovely though she is in many ways, she so disliked all the stuffy rules of the Royal Family that she, kind of, she hasn’t driven Harry away from the family, she dragged him away.
“He’s gone willingly because he’s no longer, he doesn’t feel, you know, he just exists as the spare. He has an independent existence as a critic of the Royal Family.”
Quinn said that, if Meghan had attended, it would have “looked more like they could, at least, be at this major event without any problem”.
The couple’s son Archie’s fourth birthday also falls on May 6 – the date of the Coronation – leading experts to believe this could have swayed Meghan’s decision to stay in America.
Meghan and Harry stepped back as senior royals in early 2020, leading to them to move out of the UK permanently.
The pair, now settled in California, made the decision after “many months” of discussions.
Since stepping down, the couple have publicly spoken out about what life was like for them behind closed doors – heightening tensions between them and the family.
Despite some speculation over whether the King would extend a Coronation invite to the couple, the couple confirmed that Harry had received an invite – via email – earlier this year.
The couple stayed quiet on what their plans for May 6 were, even ignoring the reported date to let the Palace know by.
On April 12, the Palace issued a statement confirming that Harry would be attending but Meghan would remain in the US.
The couple also released their own statement, which almost matched the one issued by the Palace.
Source: Read Full Article