Megxit decision to be made soon by Buckingham Palace amid fear of ‘blindsided’ patronages

Meghan Markle and Harry 'want to be celebrity influencers' says expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to be stripped of their titles and royal patronages after their one-year “Megxit” review period ends next month. In a bid to stop uncertainty about their future, the Palace is looking to announce news on Meghan and Harry’s status as royals before the end of March.

To prevent organisations linked to the Duke and Duchess from being “blindsided” by any future revelation, aides have indicated to the Telegraph a decision on the Sussexes royal patronages and titles will be made sooner.

Under terms set in the Sandringham Summit in January last year, Harry and Meghan’s royal patronages are in limbo until March 31.

A decision on their future involvement with the organisations is now expected before the end of March.

Sources close to the Sussexes claimed the couple are resigned to losing their patronages, but are still awaiting a decision from the Palace.

Should they be stripped of their titles, Harry will lose his three honorary military appointments, as well as patronages with the Rugby Football Union, Rugby Football League and the London Marathon.

Meghan will also have to step down as patron of the National Theatre.

But a source close to the Sussexes suggested the couple already knew they would be unable to retain such titles after the Queen made clear last year that they could not opt for a “one foot in, one foot out” approach to official duties in last year’s summit.

They said to the Telegraph: “The royal appointments and patronages were never in their gift.

“All they have done is express their commitment to them. There is no question that if it was up to them, they would keep them.”

Organisations linked to Meghan and Harry have claimed they received no contact from the Palace about any changes.

The Rugby Football League, which was expecting the Duke to be “front and centre” of its World Cup coverage in the autumn, said it was “very proud” Prince Harry had been the sport’s patron since 2016.

They added: “The RFL has not received official correspondence relating to any changes at this time.”

The Telegraph reported the organisations have each expressed a desire to maintain links with the Sussexes.

It comes after commentators suggested Queen Elizabeth II should shut down Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Emily Andrews, royal correspondent, said on Twitter: “Looks like my crystal ball was on point a year ago with the story that Harry and Meghan were considering a tell-all interview with Oprah… it airs March 7.

“They have every right to speak publicly to whomever they want: the press will take a bashing, will they dare criticise HMQ?”

Source: Read Full Article