Met 'failed to investigate third attack outside Two Brewers pub'

A man has accused the Metropolitan Police of failing to contact him after he was allegedly assaulted outside the Clapham pub where a homophobic attack took place a week later.

ITV News reported that the man was left with a black eye and bleeding nose after being punched near the Two Brewers on August 6.

The anonymous victim told the news channel: ‘There was a group of guys standing down the side of the Two Brewers and when I turned around I saw a random guy running towards me and before I knew it he had punched me in the face.

‘I obviously brought my hands up to my face to see what had just happened and when I moved my hands away from my face they were covered in blood and the guy had run away.’

He reported the attack, but said officers had not made an effort to contact him.

His boyfriend, who contacted the police again yesterday, said the lack of response made him ‘very angry’.

ITV said a representative from the Met reached out to the victim, who is aged in his thirties, after the press office was approached for a comment.

Latest London news

  • Woman accused of murdering her own mum who was found dead in a canal
  • Ryanair charges elderly couple £110 to print boarding passes after mistake
  • Hunt for knifeman after two men attacked outside nightclub in homophobic attack

To get the latest news from the capital visit’s visit Metro’s London news hub.

A spokesman for the force said a crime report had been created and ‘enquiries into the circumstances continue’, and urged anyone with information to call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 1266/6Aug.

Earlier today, investigators released a CCTV image of a man they want to identify in connection with the homophobic stabbing of two men outside the Two Brewers on August 13.

Both victims, one of whom is in his twenties with the other in his thirties, were rushed to hospital for treatment and have since been discharged.

Detective Chief Inspector Jivan Saib said: ‘I am asking the public to look at this image and see if they recognise this individual – it is vital that we identify and locate him as soon as possible.’

In a statement on Instagram following the attack, one of the victims said: ‘I’ve not been left feeling sad, nor angry, or confused…

‘I’ve just been left with so many questions…to think what can lead to changing a person’s mind that much that they can feel its ok to attack anyone…whatever their reasons…and how we can change that.’

Two Brewers posted a statement on their Instagram which read: ‘We would like to thank you all for your very kind messages of support and solidarity, we read them all and are touched by your kindness.

‘Our continuous thoughts are with the victims of this horrific attack.

‘For now, it’s business as usual, we won’t let this cruel attack grind us down, let’s keep spreading the love!’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article