Mike Tindall issued warning over Princess Anne with IAC appearance

I'm a Celebrity: Mike Tindall sparks 'nervousness in the Palace'

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Mike Tindall needs to be “careful” during his I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! appearance, a royal expert has said. Royal author Ingrid Seward warned of the risk of Zara’s husband “embarrassing” Princess Anne or King Charles.

Ms Seward said the Tindalls, as well as Zara’s brother Peter Phillips, can get away with taking part in reality shows by “insisting they are not royal”.

Writing for The Sun, she said: “They do not have titles and they are certainly not a burden on the taxpayer, which is fair enough.

“They just need to be careful they don’t do anything that might embarrass their mother the Princess Royal or their uncle the King.”

The former England rugby player is among contestants braving the Australian jungle for the new series, which kicks off tonight.

Ms Seward said the late Queen would have “trusted” Mike over his appearance on the ITV show.

She added that the late monarch, who died in September, is unlikely to have ever watched I’m A Celebrity so would not know much about it.

She said: “The Queen was fond of Mike. She would have trusted him and been thrilled he was earning such a lot of money.

“I doubt if she ever watched I’m A Celebrity, so would probably have very little idea of what it was about.”

Mike has admitted he will miss his wife, who he married in 2011, and three children as he becomes the first member of the extended Royal Family to join the line-up.

He said: “First and foremost, I will miss my family. I will miss my bed too and a nice breakfast.”

The sportsman also said he was inspired to join the show by his friend and former I’m A Celebrity contestant James Haskell.

He said: “It is sinking in now that I am taking part. I am ready to rumble! I have been asked on numerous occasions to take part.

“The timing was right this year and Hask did the show and he had been talking about it.”

Producers will no doubt be hoping he opens up on the royals during his appearance.

Mike joins the likes of DJ Chris Moyles, pop star Boy George and former Love Island contestant Olivia Attwood in the batch of famous faces.

The show has already hit the headlines with the surprise late addition of ex-health secretary Matt Hancock.

Mr Hancock, who has faced a widespread backlash, is not expected to enter the camp with the initial group of 10 contestants when the show launches on Sunday at 9pm.

This will be the first series filmed in the Australian jungle since 2019 as the past two years were shot at Gwrych Castle in North Wales due to Covid travel restrictions.

To mark its grand return, the show has said it is opening with “one of the largest and most elaborate entrances to the jungle camp to date”.

The first episode will see this year’s campmates balance on a ledge hundreds of feet in the air, skydive into the jungle and complete a challenge involving creepy critters.

Source: Read Full Article