Never coming back! Sussex fans predict Harry and Meghan will dodge UK return indefinitely

Prince Andrew: Commentator discusses ‘future’ for royal

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Duke is taking action against the Home Office after it ruled he would not be allowed to fund police protection for himself and his family when they visit the UK. Harry lost his taxpayer-funded security protection when he and Meghan stepped back from life as senior royals and moved to the United States in 2020.

The couple then enlisted “privately funded security arrangements”.

However, a Home Office decision made last year means that their US team does not have jurisdiction in the UK or access to British security intelligence information.

The pair say they would not be safe to return to the country with their children, two-year-old Archie and Lilibet, eight months, without security protection because of concerns over their safety.

He launched his bid for the Government’s decision to be reviewed in September and the High Court battle began today.

Fans of the Sussexes have predicted the couple will avoid coming back to the UK in the future.

One user wrote on Twitter: “Difficult to imagine H or M ever coming back to UK and facing UK public.”

Another chimed in: “It’s difficult to imagine how badly Harry, 6th in line in to the thrown, has been treated by his family & the press, yet he still loves his country and wants his family to safely visit. He’s a bigger man than his critics that’s for certain.”

A fan responded: “For the life of me, I cannot understand why they will not allow Prince Harry to pay for the protection of his family in the UK. I’m sure his grandmother would love to see her great grandchildren. This is petty and mean spirited.”

As the High Court battle opened on Friday, Harry’s lawyer said the royal “does want to come back to see family and friends”.

Shaheed Fatima QC, representing the Duke, told Mr Justice Swift: “This claim is about the fact that the Duke does not feel safe when he is in the UK given the security arrangements applied to him in June 2021 and will continue to be applied if he decides to come back.

“It goes without saying that he does want to come back to see family and friends and to continue to support the charities that are so close to his heart.’

“This is and always will be his home.”

A legal representative for the prince has previously said that he wants to bring his children to visit from the US but does not feel safe doing so.

His legal representative said: “While his role within the institution has changed, his profile as a member of the Royal Family has not. Nor has the threat to him and his family.”

The Duke of Sussex “remains willing to cover the cost of security, as not to impose on the British taxpayer”, the legal representative said.

Prince Harry has reportedly made two short trips to the UK since he and his family left in 2020.

DON’T MISS:
Qatar Airways plane sparks Twitter frenzy after landing on 3rd attempt [BREAKING]
Prince Andrew attempted to ‘push’ Charles out of succession [LATEST]
Brexit LIVE: Truss keeps EU waiting with veiled snub [LIVE]

The first was for his grandfather Prince Philip’s funeral in April last year.

The second was for the unveiling of the Princess Diana memorial statue in the Kensington Palace gardens alongside his brother Prince William in summer 2021.

It is reported that the Duke’s car was chased by paparazzi during his visit.

Both times he stayed with cousin Princess Eugenie at her royal residence Frogmore Cottage on the grounds of Windsor estate, where Harry and Meghan previously lived with newborn Archie.

Source: Read Full Article