Nora Quoirin: Devastated family determined to uncover ‘dark unanswered questions’

The family’s lawyer, Charles Morel, said Nora’s parents Sebastien, 47, and Meabh, 45, have not ruled our pursuing a criminal investigation. Mr Morel said the family is “very traumatised” at losing their “angel”. He told RTE: “They are now concerned about the truth because they owe that to Nora. What happened? How did she die?”

After an autopsy yesterday Malaysian police said Nora, 15, starved and died of an intestinal rupture.

She disappeared from her hotel in Dusan on Sunday August 4, her body was found beside a small stream about 1.6 miles (2.5 kilometres) from the jungle resort.

Mr Morel said her parents are waiting for DNA and toxicology test results before deciding to take any action.

He added: “We have to be very cautious about the interpretation of the first result of the autopsy.

“The risk is that if you exclude the criminal hypothesis, it’s too early to say that.

“We don’t want the media to interpret the first result of the autopsy excluding the criminal hypothesis.

“She was very shy, dependent on her mother and its not in her temperament to go out in the night after a long trip in a place she doesn’t know, in the jungle”.

The teenager was born with the brain defect holoprosencephaly and was highly dependent on her mother, claimed Mr Morel.

This follows comments from from Nora’s grandfather who said there are still loose ends which needed to be solved.

Speaking to the Irish Times, Nora’s grandfather Sylvian Quoirin said: “Dark areas need to be cleared up for the family to be able to grieve in peace.”

He added: “Someone put her there, to get rid of her.

“Can you imagine her walking 1.5miles, naked and barefoot, over rocks, in the middle of the night? For me, that’s absurd.”

Mr Quoirin said Nora clung to her parents and became “anguished” when they weren’t there.

He added: “It is not possible she would have willingly left with a stranger.”

This was echoed by Mr Morel who said: “The family still finds it difficult to understand that she would have gone into the jungle on her own.

“They are concerned that she did not leave on her own. They cannot understand how she could leave by herself.”

Negeri Sembilan Police Chief, Mohamad Mat Yusop, claimed officials found no evidence of foul play.

Source: Read Full Article