Meghan Markle and Harry: Expert on unseen Oprah footage
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s sitdown with US TV host Oprah Winfrey sent shockwaves through the royal establishment when it first aired. Now commentators are braced for the possibility that Oprah could release 90 minutes of never before seen footage from the interview. The Morning Show’s entertainment editor Peter Ford said the chat show star is actively looking at putting together a ‘director’s cut’ of new revelations.
He said: “The appetite for Harry, Meghan and Oprah seems to be so insatiable that the word is now they are looking to put together like a director’s cut.
“Using a lot of the stuff that never made it first time around.
“There comes a point when Harry and Meghan have got to decide are they looking for their freedom, do they want to create a new life or do they want to have a war with the Royal Family.
“Because that is more and more what its looking like.”
JUST IN: Prince Charles hit out at Diana’s family with brutal remark following Prince Harry’s birth
Mr Ford added: “No what we don’t know at this point in time and what would be a really interesting scenario is if Harry and or Meghan think no we don’t actually want any more of this to go to air.
“But Oprah says well its mine, I own it now and I think there is another 40 million bucks to be made out of this.
“So watch this space.”
Meghan and Harry’s full tell-all interview was three hours and 20 minutes long, but it was cut to one hour and 25 minutes for the special, which first aired on the American CBS television network.
Prince Harry labelled as a ‘spoiled brat’ by expert
In total there are more than 90 minutes that have not yet been shown to audiences.
ITV reported to be one of the channels looking to secure rights to broadcast this unseen footage.
An industry source told the Sunday People: “There is a lot of interest in showing the interview in full.
“The original programme was the biggest show of the year so far in the UK and was bought by firms around the world.
Prince William left ‘reeling’ after Prince Harry’s interview [INSIGHT]
Royal rift is the deepest of chasms, says MARGARET HOLDER [COMMENT]
William and Harry’s Diana memorial will ‘trigger healing of the rift’ ‘[ANALYSIS]
“Showing more of it would be a guaranteed ratings winner.
“Oprah’s production company know they’re sitting on a goldmine so it’s possible a deal could be done.”
Palace aides reportedly fear the remaining footage could contain more explosive claims.
The Duke and Duchess through the Royal Family into crisis after they made a set of damaging claims, including allegations of racism and failure to safeguard their mental well-being.
Source: Read Full Article