The Queen looked jubilant as ever on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during today’s Trooping the Colour parade.
It was an extra special ceremony, as it coincides with her Platinum Jubilee marking her 70 year reign as Britain’s monarch.
Her Majesty was surrounded by working royals on a bright and sunny day as they watched soldiers and horses parade and a flypast of the RAF Red Arrows.
Throughout the years some iconic shots have been taken on the palace balcony, where the Queen traditionally greets the public from afar.
This year was no exception, with some cheeky snaps of her great-grandson Louis, four, stealing the show in his adorable sailor outfit.
He pulled off an impressive array of funny faces on the palace balcony and even saluted the crowd at the end of the Trooping the Colour parade.
However, we’re not sure if it tops the moment in 2006 when Prince Philip appeared to break wind during the Queen’s 80th birthday bash.
No one really knows what it was about for sure, but Prince Charles struggled to keep a straight face.
Meanwhile Harry couldn’t control his laughter and at one point had to hide his face, while the Duke of Edinburgh – the main culprit – had a knowing smirk on his face.
The Queen kept a stoic look on her face the whole time as if this was a situation she’d encountered all too often.
Here are some other highlights from the Buckingham Palace balcony
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]
For more stories like this, check our news page.
Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee 2022
Dust off your Union Jack bunting, Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee is finally here.
Taking place from Thursday, June 2, to Sunday, June 5, the celebrations mark Her Majesty’s record-breaking 70th year on the throne.
Across the UK, there will be street parties, concerts, and other special events attended by the Queen and senior members of the Royal Family.
- Queen shares new portrait and special message to nation for Platinum Jubilee
- 70 facts about the Queen to mark her 70 years on the throne
- Where to go in London to celebrate The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee bank holiday weekend
- Jubilee weekend weather forecast
- Best Platinum Jubilee merchandise and where to buy
- When is the actual Platinum Jubilee day?
- Everything you need to know about the Platinum Jubilee Pageant
- How many beacons are being lit around the UK and where are they located?
Source: Read Full Article