Prince Andrew lawsuit 'heartbreaking' for Queen says Bell
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Prince Andrew’s two daughters will find the accusations of sexual abuse against him “really difficult”, according to royal expert Charlotte Griffiths. Princess Eugenie has joined her father at Balmoral Castle whilst Princess Beatrice has remained “more of a cheerleader” and has been offering the Duke advice since his disastrous Newsnight interview in 2019. Prince Andrew’s accuser filed a civil case in New York on Tuesday on the grounds of sexual assault and battery.
When asked how his daughters would react to the allegations, Charlotte Griffiths said: “I think it’s so hard, Eugenie is with him now in Balmoral and she is such a normal, down-to-earth girl and this must be really hard for her.
“Beatrice is a bit more of a cheerleader I think because she sort of advised him around the Newsnight interview.
“She must find it really difficult, she genuinely believes her father is like this perfect individual.
“You know, Eugenie is a genuinely normal royal, she must be completely baffled by this.
“She’s just got a new baby, she’s at Balmoral with her husband who has also been misbehaving lately, it must be a really stressful time for her. I feel really bad for the girls.”
Princess Eugenie was seen arriving at Balmoral on Wednesday with her husband Jack Brooksbank and 6-month-old son, August Philip.
Her husband has recently made headlines for appearing with a topless model whilst on holiday in Capri, promoting his tequila firm Casamigos.
The couple will be joining the Queen, Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson at the Scottish residence.
It is believed that the Royal Family have been attending crisis meetings with Prince Andrew’s legal team, to establish a course of action to tackle the sexual abuse allegations.
Ms Virginia Roberts Giuffre, a former victim of convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, filed the lawsuit under New York’s Child Victims Act.
The case alleges that the prince sexually abused Ms Giuffre on three occasions, once in the London home of Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell, and twice in Epstein’s Manhattan home and resort in the US Virgin Islands.
Ms Giuffre has claimed that Prince Andrew acted in full awareness that she was only 17 years old at the time. In the US Virgin Islands, the legal age of consent is 18.
Now 38, she is seeking financial damages for the “significant emotional and psychological distress and harm” caused by his actions.
Lawyers for the claimant said: “Twenty years ago Prince Andrew’s wealth, power, position, and connections enabled him to abuse a frightened, vulnerable child with no one there to protect her. It is long past the time for him to be held to account.”
Prince Andrew has consistently denied all claims made against him.
Jack Brooksbank set for ‘more serious’ role following pictures from Capri [REVEAL]
Prince Andrew’s HRH title in hands of ‘parliament’ claims expert ‘have to wait and see’ [INSIGHT]
Father of Prince Andrew’s sex abuse accuser scolds Duke of York -‘you should be ashamed’ [UPDATE]
Ms Virginia Giuffre has been a prominent figure in the uncovering of Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking ring after she and a number of women came forward to reveal the extent of his sexual abuse.
Epstein was arrested in 2019 on charges of sex trafficking, soliciting minors and sexual abuse and later committed suicide in prison.
Prince Andrew had been friends with the disgraced financier since the early 1990s and had remained friends with him following his first conviction for child prostitution in 2008.
Following Epstein’s arrest, the Duke participated in a disastrous Newsnight interview, which he had been encouraged to organise by his daughter Beatrice.
Due to public backlash, he withdrew from his role as a senior working royal and ceased to represent the Queen at formal engagements.
He later released the statement: “I continue to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein.
“His suicide has left many unanswered questions, particularly for his victims, and I deeply sympathise with everyone who has been affected and wants some form of closure.
“I can only hope that, in time, they will be able to rebuild their lives. Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required.”
Prince Andrew and Buckingham Palace have not yet commented on the announcement of a lawsuit being filed against the Duke.
Source: Read Full Article