Lorraine: Presenter reacts to possible Prince Andrew US interview
Royal fans online have expressed their anger at Prince Andrew’s invitation to an upcoming family commemoration on September 8 at Balmoral, which will mark one year since Queen Elizabeth II’s death.
Many senior royals including the Prince and Princess of Wales and their children will join King Charles and Queen Camilla for the service.
An insider told The Sun that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have not been contacted by anyone from the family about the event, even though they are scheduled to be in Europe in the same week.
The source said of the pair, who now reside in Montecito, California, but will be in Germany for the launch of the Invictus Games on September 9: “There hasn’t been any outreach to them.”
Both Harry and Andrew have stepped down from royal duties, but some on Twitter showed their annoyance that Andrew seemed to be “getting a free pass” while the Sussexes were “snubbed”. But others have pointed out that as the Queen’s son, Andrew has a right to be there, while Harry has burnt his royal bridges.
Get the latest royal news straight to your phone by joining our Whatsapp community!
READ MORE: Harry and Meghan ‘not invited’ to mark Queen’s death with the Royal Family
Harry and Meghan chose to leave royal life behind in 2020, while Andrew was forced to step down following his disastrous interview with Emily Maitlis on Newsnight in 2019.
He had been accused by Virginia Giuffre of having sex with her when she was 17 at the behest of Jeffrey Epstein, allegations he has always vehemently denied.
Although all family members are invited to official royal events such as the Coronation, regardless of their status as working royals, it is thought the ongoing rift between the Sussexes and the Royal Family will prevent them from being at Balmoral – even though Harry is the grandson of the late Queen.
On social media one Twitter user called out the Duke of York’s legal dramas while accusing him of “getting a free pass again”. Swathes of other royal fans spoke of their anger that Andrew had been invited, while Harry and Meghan were not.
Meghan Markle’s plan to mark birthday ‘privately’ in bid to stop ‘soap opera'[REVEAL]
‘Quirky’ British dish loved by the Queen Mother is as easy to make – recipe[RECIPE]
Meghan Markle ‘upgraded’ her style as a Duchess but is a ‘free spirit’ in the US[STYLE]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
One Twitter user said of the perceived snub: “Like it or not he was her grandson and will have meant the world to her, as did all her children and grandchildren!”
The King and Queen will begin their three-week annual summer holiday at Balmoral on August 21, although they are expected to stay at Birkhall, their residence on the estate.
Other royals will be staying in the main house while they are there, with William and Kate bringing their children up for at least some of the time.
The royal jaunt to Balmoral will coincide with Harry and Meghan’s own trip to Europe for the Invictus Games in Düsseldorf, which are running from September 9 – 16.
They are not expected to see any of the family while they are on this side of the pond, despite being just a short flight away.
A source said of the Sussexes plans for September 8: “If they are not included in any of those plans they will find a way to mark the significance in their own way.”
Source: Read Full Article