Prince Charles to take on ‘European’ model to shape future of Royal Family

Prince Charles may have 'European' style monarchy says expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Prince Charles is plotting to remodel the Royal Family along European lines with the monarchy “slimmed down” to include only senior working royals. The Prince of Wales is next in line to sit on the thrown and has grand plans for how the Firm will be run in future, a documentary has claimed. Channel 5 documentary ‘Secrets of the royals’ has since noted where the inspiration for the royal revamp will come from.

Emily Andrews told the producers of the show what the Prince of Wales’ radical vision may entail for the Crown.

She said: “Charles I think sees the future of the British monarchy similarly to some of the European monarchies.”

The Royal expert explained this would mean a “massively slimmed down” monarchy.

“We have seen that in balcony appearances. We have seen the Queen with Prince Charles and Camilla, and his son and their spouses,” Ms Andrews added.

JUST IN: Kate defended by Palace over ‘idle gossip’ as Meghan demanded action

It comes as Prince Charles and the Queen are reported to have adopted very different methods to approach the allegations made by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in their interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Meghan Markle said there had been a conversation between an unspecified member of the Royal Family and Prince Harry about how dark then-unborn Archie Windsor’s skin would be.

Her husband backed up the allegation, saying: “That conversation, I am never going to share.

“At the time it was awkward, I was a bit shocked.”

Read More: Meghan’s claims of ‘naivety’ challenged after old interview surfaces

Prince Charles doesn’t respond to question about Oprah interview

A royal source told US weekly: “Charles and the Queen had very different plans for how to respond.

“Charles wanted to rebuke every claim made by Meghan and Harry and the Queen wanted to take a more modest approach.”

While visiting a COVID-19 vaccine site in London on Tuesday, Charles was asked about his thoughts on the interview, to which he gave a stunted response by chuckling.

Oprah has confirmed that it was neither the Queen nor Prince Philip who made the alleged comments regarding baby Archie.

The Royal Family responded in a statement earlier this week, which read: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning.

“While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”

Source: Read Full Article