Prince William and Kate’s kiss compared to Diana and Charles
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Prince William and Prince Harry have both previously denied the claims. Andrew Morton, author of Meghan: A Hollywood Princess has resurfaced allegations William and Kate’s attitude towards Meghan and Harry is what reportedly caused the rift between the Sussexes and the rest of the Royal Family.
A claim both Harry and William denied when the reports first emerged in January 2020.
Mr Morton also claimed the Palace did everything they could to help Meghan adjust to life as a senior member of the Firm.
The claims have resurfaced in six new chapters of Andrew Morton’s book, which was first published in 2018 with the new updated edition due to be published next month.
The couple famously stepped back from duties within the Royal Family in early 2020 in a move dubbed Megxit.
Following their move away from the monarchy, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle participated in a tell-all interview with US host Oprah Winfrey, which was broadcast in March this year.
During the two-hour interview, the couple spoke of their step back and made a series of sensational claims against the Firm including palace discussions about the colour of their son Archie’s skin and the pressures facing the couple that led the Duchess of Sussex to contemplate suicide.
Extracts from Mr Morton’s updated version of Meghan: A Hollywood Princess serialised in the Mail on Sunday ahead of its publication said: “Far from abandoning Meghan, the Palace had a team which spent ‘hundreds of hours monitoring social media accounts’ and ‘violent threats were reported to the police.”
The extracts also claimed Kate, Duchess of Cambridge’s “coolness” added to the brothers “Cain and Abel” epic fallout within his book.
He wrote: “The Duchess of Cambridge’s coolness towards Meghan, and William’s alleged bullying contributed to a devastating ‘Cain and Abel’ fallout between the brothers.
“Harry was the ‘prime mover’ in souring relations between the Sussexes and the Royal Family, but it was Meghan who ‘took the hit’.”
Kensington Palace declined to comment on the updated book’s bullying allegations.
A royal source firmly denied any bullying by William and insisted the family had done all it could to support Meghan.
Meghan and Harry attacked in brutal rant from Aussie host [REVEAL]
Princess Anne named patron of military graves and memorials charity [REPORT]
Fears for Princess Beatrice as royal shows signs of ‘distress’ [INSIGHT]
Reports first emerged for Prince William’s alleged bullying attitude in January 2020 in the Times.
The article cited a source claiming the Sussexes were “constantly being told their place”.
No further details were provided on the alleged bullying.
But at the time a source close to the Sussexes told the newspaper: “For them, it is not a case of ‘William has done this to us,’ or ‘my father has done this to us’.”
In response to allegations in Times’ report the royal brothers released a statement which said they were “deeply, deeply unhappy” with bullying claims against William.
The joint statement from William and Harry read: “Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between The Duke of Sussex and The Duke of Cambridge.
“For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful.”
Harry and Meghan along with their son Archie moved to California following their step back from the monarchy.
The couple welcomed their second child – Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor – in June. Lilibet, or Lili for short, is Queen Elizabeth II’s 11th great-grandchild.
The revised and updated version of Meghan: A Hollywood Princess by Andrew Morton and published by Michael O’Mara Books will be available on October 14, 2021.
Source: Read Full Article