Prince Harry wearing an Archewell cap has arrived in Japan
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle plan to honour Queen Elizabeth II “in their own way” away from the Royal Family as the one-year anniversary of her death looms.
The Sussexes were not invited to the Royal Family’s upcoming Balmoral Castle gathering, which will be a chance for the upper echelons of Buckingham Palace to join together and remember the Queen.
Balmoral Castle was a firm favourite of Her Majesty’s and was the location of her death aged 96 on September 8, 2022.
An insider has now claimed Prince Harry and Meghan will reflect on the Queen’s life in their own special way as the pair have seemingly been snubbed from other family celebrations.
For all the latest on news, politics, sports, and showbiz from the USA, go to Daily Express US.
READ MORE: Prince Harry and Meghan told to ‘get restraining order’ against YouTuber
According to an insider speaking to Page Six, the couple “will of course acknowledge and pay their respects to Her Majesty in their own way”.
But the source said that, so far, the Sussexes had “not received any information or invitation to plans marking the anniversary of her death”.
But the insider did note that the gathering at the Scottish estate was not a formal royal occasion.
They added: “I know the Palace has said nothing official is happening.”
Kate’s chat to diffuse tension with Meghan so strained her ‘fingers were white'[ROYALS]
King won’t strip Meghan of her royal title ‘even if she becomes President'[EXCLUSIVE]
Meghan ‘makes the decisions’ at home as dynamic ‘works’ for her and Harry[INSIDER]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
It comes as resurfaced reports emerged claiming the Sussexes had not received any “outreach” from senior royals about the September 8 anniversary event.
This was despite the couple being in Europe around the time as the Invictus Games in Düsseldorf, Germany, begins on September 9.
The September 8 celebration will reportedly see the likes of King Charles III and Queen Camilla join together with the likes of Prince William, Kate, Princess of Wales, and their three children: Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
One source told The Sun that the reason behind the supposed Sussex snub was as a result of ongoing friction between Harry and his older brother William.
Tensions between the pair emerged as a result of bombshell allegations in Harry’s memoir Spare – including the claim William became embroiled in a physical altercation with his sibling.
The source added: “You can read the room on that as to where things are [between them].”
Harry last spent time with his family back in May, when he joined the Royal Family in observing King Charles’s Coronation.
Prior to that, he had not been seen with the family since the Queen’s funeral on September 19.
Source: Read Full Article