Prince Harry and Prince William’s relationship ‘not where it was’ post-Megxit – source

Prince Harry's loss of military titles discussed by royal expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

The Duke and Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, told the Royal Family they would not return to public service on Friday, leading to them being stripped of their titles and patronages. While reports have claimed William is keen to repair his relationship with Harry, a source has claimed the brothers are still distant in the wake of ‘Megxit’.

William and Harry have been said to have been in contact since the Sussex royals stepped down from working royal life last March.

But a source close to the Duke of Sussex has said the brothers, while still supportive, are not as close as they were before ‘Megxit’.

They said of their relationship: “It’s not where it once was.

“However, they are brothers and will support each other and are committed to coming together to honour their late mother’s legacy.”

READ MORE: Queen ‘doesn’t give monkey’s about Prince Harry’ – Royal Family ‘insulted’ Duke of Sussex

Speaking to ET Online, the source suggested the Sussex royals wanted to return to the UK, but the coronavirus pandemic has prevented them from doing so.

They added: “The Sussexes would have definitely been back and forth somewhat already but of course the pandemic changed things.

“When the world opens up again, there will be plans to return and all the rest of it. We just don’t know at the moment.”

The source added Harry is disappointed he could not retain his former military appointments after Queen Elizabeth II rejected his “half-in half-out” approach to royal service.

The Duke of Cambridge was said to be “sad and genuinely shocked” over how Harry chose to leave his royal duties.

Reports claimed the Queen told Harry “the monarchy does not work for you” while discussing the Sussexes futures as royals.

A spokesman for the Sussex royals also issued a statement clashing with Buckingham Palace over the Duke and Duchess not continuing “public service”.

The Sunday Times reported William found Harry and Meghan’s behaviour “insulting and disrespectful”, and claimed he is upset about the situation.

Queen told to remove Prince Harry from Royal Family succession order [VIDEO]
Piers Morgan backs Princess Anne to replace Prince Harry in succession [ANALYSIS]
‘Teary-eyed’ Prince Charles defended by Piers Morgan from nasty trolls [INSIGHT]

However, a source close to William claimed the Duke wants to mend his relationship with Harry now they can focus on “purely family matters”.

They said to the Telegraph: “There is hope that they can all move forward now these loose ends have been tied up once and for all.

“The (one year) review had been hanging over both sides for some time but now it has finally been resolved, it allows all parties to work on purely family matters.”

Another aide added: “Once he got over the anger of how things happened, he was left with the absence of his brother.

“They had shared everything about their lives – an office, a foundation, meetings together most days – and there was a lot of fun along the way.

“He’ll miss it forever.”

Robert Lacey, royal historian and author, claimed in his book ‘Battle of Brothers’ one of the reasons for Harry and Meghan’s royal exit was over William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge.

In his book, he claimed Harry was enraged when William told him to “take your time with this girl”, and Meghan and Kate had a frosty relationship.

In a later interview with Newsweek in October, he “no longer rates highly the chances of reconciliation”.

Source: Read Full Article