Prince Harry received ‘frosty reception’ from ‘some quarters of family’ on UK return

Prince Harry ‘shocked’ by ‘frosty reception’ says expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

The Duke of Sussex returned to Britain for his grandfather’s funeral on April 17. Prince Philip died aged 99 at Windsor Castle as the longest serving British royal consort.

Harry returned home to the US after the funeral to be with his pregnant wife Meghan Markle and their baby son Archie.

The Duke is expected to make another trip to the UK in July to unveil a statue of his late mother Princess Diana, alongside his brother Prince William.

Royal commentator Russell Myers spoke to talkRadio about whether Harry will return to Britain again in the summer.

He said: “Some quarters of the family did give him a frosty reception and perhaps that did shock him somewhat.”

Mr Myers claimed that Harry may possibly use the birth of his second child, expected to arrive in the summer, as a “convenient excuse” not to return to the UK.

The statue of Princess Diana, commissioned by Harry and William, will be installed in the Sunken Garden of Kensington Palace on July 1.

The unveiling will mark the Princess of Wales’ 60th birthday and recognise the positive impact she gave in the UK and internationally.

TalkRadio host Kevin O’Sullivan claimed Harry looked “very out of sorts” during his return for Prince Philip’s funeral.

He added: “I’m wondering whether he received a very, very cold reception?

“I read that some quarters of the Royal Family literally just blocked him and didn’t even talk to him.

“I think he may have been a bit shocked by the cool reception he got from his family, which begs the question, will he come back for the unveiling of the Diana memorial with his brother in July? Or will he pull out of that?”

Mr Myers responded: “I’m told he is still committed to coming. Both camps are.

DON’T MISS
Prince Harry warned ‘actions have consequences’ [UPDATE]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have ‘bitter pill’ to swallow [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry accused of six snubs during UK visit [ANALYSIS]

“Certainly Kate and William will welcome him if he wants to come back.

“His intention is to come back. One may wonder, if his wife has just had a baby, I’m sure he could jump on a private jet and make a flying visit.

“But, will it be a convenient excuse so he doesn’t have to come back and face the family?”

The royal expert explained how “a lot will determine what happens in the interim period”.

The heavily pregnant Meghan did not join Harry in his trip to the UK following advice from her doctor not to travel.

The Duke’s attendance at the funeral was the first time he had been seen with the Royal Family since relocating to the US last March and since the release of the Sussexes’ tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Mr Myers said: “I don’t think we will realise the fallout of that Oprah Winfrey interview for some time.

“Maybe once we get back to a bit of normality, the rest of the family will start thinking about that a bit more carefully. It might not be good news for Harry.”

Source: Read Full Article