Prince Harry snubbed by Palace over Meghan statement: ‘Unnecessarily antagonistic’

Prince Harry: Royal expert says she 'laughed' at new job title

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

While the Royal Family bids to put its public image back together, Meghan and Harry face a new foe in Piers Morgan. The former Good Morning Britain host reiterated his position on the pair during a second interview, this time with US TV show, ‘Extra TV’. He told host Billy Bush that members of The Firm had thanked him for airing his opinions about the Duke and Duchess.

When asked if this included those from the higher ranks of the family, Mr Morgan said: “I’m not going to go into who it was but [it was] gratitude that somebody was standing up.”

Royal commentators have since said that Meghan will be keen to “fight back” against Mr Morgan.

What they felt was an unnecessary intrusion into their lives led to their dramatic exit from the UK last year, in what was quickly dubbed “Megxit”.

It came after several reported fallings-out and bubbling tensions both within the Royal Family and with the public.

In the months after their wedding, Meghan and Harry went largely untouched by both the public and press.

However, the pressure and lack of privacy that royal life entails soon reintroduced itself.

By the next year, Harry made the unprecedented step of launching a scathing attack on the British press.

In a statement on his behalf released on the Sussex Official website, Harry said he could no longer be a “silent witness to her [Meghan’s] private suffering”.

JUST INHarry and Meghan’s ‘wish to move on’ after Oprah ‘unrealistic’

He accused parts of the media of “waging campaigns against individuals with no thought to the consequences”.

The Prince went on to compare Meghan’s treatment to coverage of his mother, Princess Diana.

Many were taken aback by the statement, it being something never seen or heard of before.

Speaking during Channel 5’s documentary, ‘Meghan & Harry: Two Troubled Years’, royal author Richard Kay claimed Buckingham Palace was left outraged at Harry for releasing it.

DON’T MISS

‘Absolute nonsense’ Diana author brilliant take on Meghan staff clash [REPORT]
Queen should NOT apologise to Meghan Markle – poll [INSIGHT]
Piers Morgan doubts William and Harry ‘can stand next to each other’ 
[ANALYSIS] 

In what appeared to be a direct snub of the Duke by the Firm, Mr Kay said: “The Palace thought it was unnecessarily antagonistic and as though Harry was somehow spoiling for a fight.

“He went about it in an aggressively, confrontational kind of way.”

The statement included a note on how the couple planned to take legal action against the Mail on Sunday.

At the time, BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell noted how Harry was “remarkably outspoken”.

He said the release was “nothing less than a stinging attack on the British tabloid media”.

During their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan suggested that they had been treated unfairly by the Firm.

Talking about her position with the family, she said: “I did anything they told me to do — of course I did, because it was also through the lens of, ‘And we’ll protect you’. So, even as things started to roll out in the media that I didn’t see — but my friends would call me and say, ‘Meg, this is really bad’ — because I didn’t see it, I’d go, ‘Don’t worry. I’m being protected’.

“I believed that. And I think that was . . . that was really hard to reconcile because it was only . . . it was only once we were married and everything started to really worsen that I came to understand that not only was I not being protected, but they were willing to lie to protect other members of the family but they weren’t willing to tell the truth to protect me and my husband.”

While individual members of the Royal Family were largely unable to respond to the claims, Prince William last month broke ranks during a school visit in East London.

When asked by a reporter whether his was a racist one, he replied: “We’re very much not a racist family.”

A statement released by the Palace said the family was “saddened” to hear of Meghan and Harry’s struggles.

Source: Read Full Article