Prince Harry is 'invading his own privacy' says commentator
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Prince Harry has been warned by a royal expert that relinquishing his titles will still not guarantee the Duke and Duchess of Sussex the privacy they desire. Although Prince Harry has stepped away from the Royal Family and public duty, he will always be known as a prince to the public and his activities will continue to generate media interest.
Royal commentator and mental health expert Nick Hatter told Royally Us: “Whether they like it or not, they still represent the UK in one of more ways given their status.
“Even if we formally remove his Prince title, for the UK he will always be known as Prince Harry whether he likes it not.”
Under the terms and conditions of the so-called ‘Megxit’ deal, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle gave up the rights to use their HRH status and ceased to represent the Queen at formal engagements.
The couple announced in January 2020 that they would be stepping back as senior royals and would strive to become financially independent.
Throughout their relationship, they have frequently criticised the tabloid press and have launched several lawsuits to protect their privacy.
Meghan Markle recently won her copryright claim against The Mail on Sunday after the High Court ruled in her favour.
The tabloid had printed extracts of a private letter that the Duchess had sent to her estranged father.
Since moving to California, the couple have participated in several interviews in which they criticised the press and also attacked the British monarchy.
In a tell-all interview with Oprah, they accused the Palace of failing to protect Meghan from false and lurid tabloid stories, as they refused to correct damaging articles.
This left the couple feeling unsupported by the institution and allowed the Duchess to become vilified by the press.
They also accused The Firm of “total neglect” in matters of mental health. They revealed that their son had been denied a title and that the young family were denied security and financially cut adrift.
Their critiques of the Royal Family have reportedly ‘deeply upset’ the Queen and enraged members of the public who are loyal to the monarchy.
Nick Hatter said: “I think for some people, one concern is that Harry and Meghan are breaking tradition and the other criticism is that they come from tremendous privilege.”
“No matter what their troubles are, no matter what their trauma is or any mental health challenges they have, a lot of people will simply be unable to see beyond that inordinate wealth and privilege.”
Meghan and Harry considering a name with historic reference in ‘lovely nod’ to Queen
Charles admitted William ‘reduced me to tears’ in conversation over royal succession
Cressida Bonas confession on ‘damaged and self-obsessed’ Prince Harry
The couple have also come under scrutiny for claiming a desire for privacy whilst embarking on multiple media ventures.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have signed deals to produce content with both Netflix and Spotify in deals that are supposedly worth £100 million.
Prince Harry recently released his new Apple TV+ series which was co-produced with Oprah Winfrey. In the 5-part series, Harry speaks candidly about his mental health and his experiences within the Royal Family.
The couple are currently expecting the arrival of their baby daughter, who is due to be born this summer.
Source: Read Full Article