Prince Philip health: Palace gives ‘unusual’ Duke update to avoid ‘inevitable conclusion’

Prince Philip: Expert discusses Palace's ‘unusual’ Covid comment

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Prince Philip has spent a second night in hospital after being admitted as a “precautionary measure”. The Duke of Edinburgh has been feeling unwell, according to Buckingham Palace, and was taken to hospital on Tuesday on the advice of his doctor. ITV Royal Editor Chris Ship spoke to Good Morning Britain about the latest updates on the 99-year-old royal’s condition.

He told viewers: “One thing you don’t get from the royals is a medical bulletin.

“We’re not going to get an update on his illness during the time that he’s in hospital.

“In fact, it was quite unusual really that they even told us that he didn’t have coronavirus.

“Given everything that the country has been through over the last year or so, I think that was inevitable.”

Mr Ship continued: “People might have come to that conclusion otherwise.

“But here we have a man who is 99-years-old and 100 in June.

“He will have pre-existing conditions, they haven’t told us why he’s in hospital other than the fact that he was feeling ill for a few days.

“When he saw the Palace doctor at Windsor, it was decided that he should go to hospital.”

Prince Philip: Expert discusses past hospital visits

The royal expert added: “We should focus on those points in the statement that the Palace gave us.

“It was precautionary, it wasn’t an emergency, he walked into the hospital.

“But don’t expect a regular medical bulletin on his condition over the next few days.”

Both Prince Philip and the Queen already received their coronavirus vaccinations last month.

DON’T MISS
Princess Anne’s ‘trailblazer’ decision to be mirrored by niece Eugenie [INSIGHT]
Prince Charles’ future monarchy will leave out Beatrice and Eugenie [ANALYSIS]
Prince Harry could spark ‘serious’ constitutional crisis for monarchy [WARNING]

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson has now said that the Duke is “expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest”.

A statement released read: “His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London, on Tuesday evening.

“The Duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s Doctor, after feeling unwell.”

A No 10 spokesman shared Boris Johnson’s message of support: “The PM sends his best wishes to the Duke of Edinburgh as he undergoes a few days of rest in hospital.”

Source: Read Full Article