Queen: Parents 'favoured English Duke over Philip' says Hicks
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Prince Philip was discharged from King Edward VII Hospital on March 16 after a month-long stay. Despite undergoing treatment for an infection and heart surgery at the age of 99, the Duke of Edinburgh is now believed to be doing well.
And he will join the Queen tomorrow at a private church service marking Easter, according to the Daily Mirror.
On Sunday, the elderly royals won’t make a public appearance and the Queen will not issue a message to the public.
A source said: “The overriding concern is to avoid crowds gathering.
“If we said she was going to church the risk is that there would be a crowd.”
The Queen and Prince Philip will likely attend service at the private chapel at Windsor Castle – but they could also choose to head to another church on the grounds of their Berkshire estate.
On Easter, the monarch is usually joined by other members of the Royal Family at St George’s Chapel to attend a public service.
Last year, as all places of worship were shut due to the first national lockdown enforced only a few weeks earlier, the monarch marked Easter with a rare message, in a bid to bring courage and hope to Britons.
She wrote: “This year, Easter will be different for many of us, but by keeping apart we keep others safe.
“But Easter isn’t cancelled; indeed, we need Easter as much as ever.
“The discovery of the risen Christ on the first Easter Day gave his followers new hope and fresh purpose, and we can all take heart from this.
“We know that coronavirus will not overcome us. As dark as death can be – particularly for those suffering with grief – light and life are greater.
“May the living flame of the Easter hope be a steady guide as we face the future.”
Prince Philip’s health has been a source of concern for the family and royal fans between February and March.
The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to hospital on February 16, with Buckingham Palace saying on the following day this hadn’t been an emergency hospitalisation and that the Duke would stay at King Edward VII Hospital for a few days.
On the following week, it emerged Prince Philip was being treated for an infection.
On March 1, he was transferred to St Bartholomew’s Hospital, where two days later he underwent heart surgery for a pre-existing condition.
Prince Philip was first rushed to hospital for concerns over his heart in 2011.
On March 4. he was brought back to the London private clinic he was first admitted, where he remained for two more weeks.
The Queen and Prince Philip have spent most of the past 12 months self-isolating at Windsor Castle.
There, they had little chances to meet other members of their family, who were also abiding by the Government regulations on coronavirus.
Prince Charles was pictured visiting Prince Philip in hospital in late February.
And he recently met his mother, as it emerged yesterday after Buckingham Palace released two new portraits of the Queen and her heir taken in the gardens of Frogmore House on March 23.
Before that meeting, he is known to have seen her on December 8, when six other senior royals and the Queen gathered in the Quadrangle at Windsor Castle to listen to Christmas Carols and meet local volunteers and key workers.
In January, the Queen and Philip received the first dose of vaccine against COVID-19.
Earlier this week, after the Queen visited the Commonwealth War Graves Commission Air Forces Memorial in Runnymede, it emerged the monarch had also been administered the second jab.
Source: Read Full Article