Sarah Ferguson offered access to Prince Andrew
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Sarah ‒ affectionately known as Fergie ‒ who is the ex-wife of Prince Andrew, penned a letter to her daughter Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, it emerged this week, saying that they made her “life complete” and that she loved watching them embrace motherhood. Eugenie and husband Jack Brooksband welcomed son August in February. Equally, older sister Beatrice is expecting her first child with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi while she is also stepmother to his son Wolfie.
Fergie wrote: “From the time you were wee tots, you made my life complete.
“I look at how full of humility, laughter and joy you are in you hearts, and I marvel at you both”
She added, in the letter published Good Housekeeping: “Now, in you as mothers, I see strength, courage and steadfastness, integrity and goodness, and the way you embrace every challenge and moment.
“It is an extraordinary feeling when your child becomes a mother.”
Read More:Archaeology breakthrough after researchers found new human species’
While Fergie has her fans, the Duchess has also faced scandal since she split with the Duke of York.
Fergie was forced to apologise after she was filmed appearing to offer access to ex-husband Andrew in exchange for £500,000 in 2010.
A Channel 5 documentary entitled ‘Fergie & Meghan: Inconvenient Royals’, claimed that Fergie’s older daughter Beatrice was upset after the sting went public.
Fergie’s friend Lizzie Cundy told the documentary: “She said Beatrice looked at her with those big eyes and said ‘mummy how could they do this to you.’
“But sadly Sarah had done this to herself.”
The undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood, was also known as the “Fake Sheikh” as he often posed as a sheikh during his investigations.
Mahmood was involved in a number of investigations, 94 of which led to convictions, and won Reporter of the Year and the Sports Journalist Association award for his cricket match-fixing investigation.
However the reporter was jailed in October 2016 after being found guilty of tampering with evidence in the collapsed drugs trial against singer Tulisa Contostavlos.
Prince Harry’s plan for meeting with Prince Charles: ‘Dreading it’[OPINION]
Trevor McDonald debunked Royal Family move to modernise[ANALYSIS]
Harry and Meghan warned ‘don’t bet on warm UK welcome’[INSIGHT]
Fergie claimed the News of the World report damaged her reputation and cost her £40 million in lost earnings.
The duchess has a close bond with her daughters and told People magazine in July that she felt like “a really good mum” having taught Beatrice and Eugenie not to repeat her own mistakes.
She added that by embracing her past she was able to be a role model to her daughters.
The Duchess of York said: “I’m a good mum because, in growing up, when the girls used to say ‘Why can’t we do that’ I would say, ‘Well, I’ve already made those mistakes.
“‘The world’s press has written about my mistakes, so you don’t need to make them now.
“‘So I’ve gone ahead of you to clear the way so that you can dream and grow and be who you are.’”
Last Tuesday the Queen welcomed both Andrew and Fergie to Balmoral.
The pair remain close friends and co-parents to their daughters and have continued to live in the Duke home in Windsor together despite their divorce a quarter-century ago.
Last week Fergie told local newspapers in Poland she would remain committed to the Duke of York “no matter what” and added that their 1986 wedding was one of the best days of her life.
She said: “Divorce is one thing, but my heart is my oath, my obligation.”
Source: Read Full Article